Sr. Tooling Engineer
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Sr. Tooling Engineer
Title:Sr. Tooling Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Tooling Engineer in the North Haven, CT area!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Tooling Design Engineer designs and/or specifies complex assembly equipment/tooling, test fixtures, and gauges to support New Product Development projects. He/she is responsible for cost estimation, adherence to schedule, design/specification review, request for quote, fabrication/debug and acceptance testing. He/she contributes as a technical member of an Extended Team concerning aspects of high complexity assembly equipment and tooling, including Design for Assembly and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis. He/she will work under the direction of an Advanced Engineering Sr. Manager in a fast-paced collaborative environment supportive of program initiatives and compliant with company best practices.
1. Designs high complexity assembly equipment/tooling, test fixtures, and gauges using CREO.
2. Re-designs externally designed assembly equipment/tooling, test fixtures, and gauges to support necessary change.
3. Conducts formal design reviews with customers prior to fabrication to ensure requirements are effectively addressed.
4. Prepares design and process documentation in accordance with relevant internal Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Interacts with equipment integrators and machine shops through formal design and specification reviews, fabrication schedules and Site Acceptance Testing.
6. Participates in Design for Assembly (DFA) and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) processes to understand assembly process and make recommendations for improvements.
7. Executes the fabrication, set-up, debug, and initial trial of assembly equipment/tooling, test fixtures, and gauges.
8. Prepares reports, presentations and spreadsheets of an analytical and interpretative nature to solve complex problems.
9. Contributes to Lessons Learned through process development associated with the completion of specific projects.
10. Collaborates with peers in the development of Factory Acceptance Test protocols to verify assembly equipment/tooling meets requirements.
11. Skilled at recognizing problems and developing innovative solutions to assembly and/or process challenges of considerable scope and complexity.
12. Advises Management of any unmitigated risks and/or developments that could affect Time to Market or Cost.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
2. Travel to supplier sites required.
3. Continue to enhance engineering skills through additional training and education.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for production support engineering with respect to testing methods, procedures, and problems; device specification and yield problems; minor redesign of devices and masks; analysis of customer returns; supplier related engineering changes and optimizing device production relative to cost constraints.
- Assumes responsibility for device and/or internally produced or externally purchased components after transfer into high-volume production and usually responsible for entire device manufacturing operations other than wafer fabrication.
- May assist customer in device usage problems or customer testing of complex devices.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
BS Mechanical Engineering, or Equivalent
- Thorough understanding of technical principles, theories and techniques as related to Tooling Design.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effectively communicates and works cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Ability to manage project timelines and work independently to execute deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ability to solve complex problems and execute innovative solutions.
- Ability to compile, organize and present complex technical data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to design, reliable and innovative mechanical systems and mechanisms for assembly, test and/or measurement of medical devices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of drafting practices, GD&T and tolerance analysis.
- Knowledge of kinematic and stress analysis of mechanical systems.
- Fundamental understanding of related fields of engineering such as electrical, pneumatics, optics/vision, motion control and/or inspection software.
- Knowledge of Design for Assembly analyses, mistake proofing techniques and Process Failure Mode Effect Analyses.
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Cross Cultural Respect
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Creative Problem Solving
- Strong computer skills (CREO, Solidworks, Windchill, Agile, MS Office, MS Project, etc…)
Standard office setting, clean room manufacturing area, model shop, supplier manufacturing facilities. Travel expected, approximately 15%.
- ABS Trading System Developer in Costa Mesa CA
- Quality Manager in Dawsonville GA
- CI Manager in Dawsonville GA
- Electronics Test Tech in Suwanee GA
- Shipping Clerk in SUWANEE GA
- HR File Clerk - Temp in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Chanhassen MN
- Warehouse Associate in Suwanee GA
- Spot Welder - 2nd Shift in Canton GA
- Buyer in Burnsville MN
- Supplier Quality Engineer in Plymouth MN
- EH&S Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- TIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Design Assurance Engineer in St. Paul MN
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Manufacturing Welding Engineer in Flowery Branch GA
- Purchaser in Flowery Branch GA
- Cloud APP Engineer IV in Miami FL
- 2nd shift Forklift - $15-hr. in Vineland
- Packer - 1st shift Shipping in Vineland
- Sales Service Coordinator in Milford MA
- Customer Education Training Specialist in Milford MA
- Quality Inspector in Brooklyn Center MN
- Field Application Technician PA in Duluth PA
- Inventory Controls Analyst in Alpharetta GA
- Field Application Technician GP plant in Brunswick GA
- Reimbursement Support in Cordova TN
- Mechanical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Project Engineer in Athens GA
- Controls Engineer in Athens GA
- Machinist in Concord CA
- Technical Writer in Brea CA
- Heavy Industrial Machine Assembler in Milford NH
- Process Engineer in Milford NH
- Warehouse Associate in Buford GA
- Warehouse Clerk in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Buford GA
- Brazer in Buford GA
- Sr. MFG Technician in Ayer MA
- Sr. Test Technician in Ayer MA
- TIG-MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Manufacturing Technician in Ayer MA
- General Technician- Value Add in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse Manager in Taunton MA
- AP-Cost Accountant in Brooklyn Center MN
- SMT Operator in Billerica MA
- Inspection Specialist- 1st Shift in West Boylston MA
- Test Technician in West Boylston MA
- CNC Programmer in Social Circle GA
- Project Engineer in Social Circle GA
- Assembler-Packer 1st Shift in Canton GA
- Machine Operator in
- Packer-Shipper in Billerica MA
- General Manager in Everett MA
- Cold Headed Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Screw Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Alpharetta GA
- Roll Thread Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Tool and Die Maker in Alpharetta GA
- Facility Maintenance Technician in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Technician in Chaska MN
- Inventory Control Associate in Lawrenceville GA
- MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Distribution Supervisor in Newnan GA
- HR Generalist in Franklin NH
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Solderer in Hudson NH
- Shipping - Receiving Clerk in Hudson NH
- Program Manager in Ham Lake MN
- Substation Designer in Norcross GA
- Production Tech in Audubon PA
- Mechanical Assembler in Randolph MA
- Assemblers-Kitters in Salem NH
- Part Time HR Administrator in Vineland
- Master Scheduler - Shop Floor Planner in Bedford MA
- Project Engineer in New Haven CT
- HR Advisor in Milford MA
- Contracts and Vendor Master Processor in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembly Technician in Norcross GA
- Field Service Technician in Taylor TX
- QA Inspector in Gloucester NH
- Electronics Assembler in Oakdale MN
- Production Technician in Chaska MN
- Senior Project Engineer IV in Memphis TN
- Shipping Clerk in Olive Branch MS
- Customer Service Representative in Suwanee GA
- Wheel Cell Operator 2nd Shift in Canton GA
- Wheel Balancer 2nd Shift in Canton GA
- Wheel Cell Operator 1st Shift in Canton GA
- QA Inspector in Lawrenceville GA
- Vice President of Operations in Ball Ground GA
- Facilities-Maintenance Helper in Lawrenceville GA
- Shop Helper (Packaging) in Lawrenceville GA
- General Warehouse 1st Shift in Jefferson GA
- Program Coordinator in Marlborough MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Quality Assurance Tester in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Taunton MA
- Fork Lift Operator in Memphis TN