Staff Hardware Engineer
Our client located in Marlborough, MA is looking for a Staff Hardware Engineer to join their team on a direct hire basis.
- Setting up, maintaining, and enhancing the physical verification flow (LVS/DRC/DFM) using industry standard EDA tools for designing the next generation high-performance processor chips in leading edge CMOS process technology targeted at network and consumer applications.
- Support full custom mask design, and integration team with running LVS/DRC/DFM and resolving any tool/flow issues.
- Work with other Implementation CAD tool owners (PnR etc.) to resolve any inter-dependencies between the tools.
- Interact with foundry and other EDA vendors.
- A significant amount of tool customization is required for our semi-custom and full-custom design environments.
- Provide technical direction, coaching, and mentoring to employees on your team and others when necessary to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Experience with industry standard EDA tools for physical verification (LVS/DRC/DFM) is required.
- Experience in understanding process rule decks is required.
- Familiarity with DFM rules is required.
- Experience with chip tape out process is required.
- Strong scripting skills are required (PERL, TCL, UNIX shell etc).
- Experience in interfacing with full custom mask and circuit designers is a plus.
- Hands on experience for all aspects of chip development process with proficiency in back end design tools and methodologies is a plus.
- Experience in advanced process nodes like FinFET is desired.
- Must have effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Has an inherent sense of urgency and accountability.
- Must demonstrate initiative and a bias for thoughtful action.
- Grounded, detail-oriented, always backs up ideas with facts.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- BS in EE with 12+ years of relevant experience, MS with 8+ years of related experience.