Structural Engineer PE
We are partnering with a architectural metals manufacturing company in Ball Ground, GA, to assist in their search for a Structural Engineer with their Professional Engineer license. The ideal candidate help to develop calculation packages of architectural products for site specific locations and to stamp any project that may require it. To assist in the design of new products for material requirements and product development. To optimize existing and new designs for weight to strength ratios.
- To understand manufacturing processes for aluminum materials and extrusions
- Design architectural metal systems that are safe and capable of withstanding the elements to which they are exposed.
- Assist with design of extrusions for structural integrity but as well be able to value engineer for material cost savings.
- Help development standards of design for regions with various design loads
- Development calculation templates for products
- Prepare reports, designs and drawing packages.
- To be of assistance with communicating projects with the customers where there may be questions of design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer License in GA (at least in GA)
- Proficiency with Autocad
- Experience with metal manufacturing or machinery