We are searching for a Superintendent for a direct role with a client in Auburn MA. The Superintendent is responsible for field operations and technical support on the project assigned in order to achieve the safe, timely and profitable completion of each project.
Responsibilities of the Superintendent
- Supervise the field construction work effort to ensure work is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with Customer, Project Managers, Site Supervisor, other contractors, etc.
- Ensures the work performed complies with all requirements of the contract documents and specifications.
- Develops and implements work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Schedule and dispatch field employees and sub contractors for most efficient use of labor, equipment and materials.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site work and emergency job functions (scheduling, material control, personnel and may provide day-to-day direction, technical advice & quality control) in order to complete the work on time, within budget, and to quality specified.
- Authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc.
- Provide technical assistance and assist project management in the development and implementation of project procedures working documents, standards, etc.
- Maintain accurate time and material records and complete client paperwork as required. Time sheets, work orders, billing descriptions, project reports, etc.
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety programs, requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, implement corrective action.
- Make recommendations on the hiring, termination, and discipline of craft employees and implement training programs.
- Responsible to protect and promote the interest of the company in all matters
- Work harmoniously, cooperatively and courteously with others at all times.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Requirements of the Superintendent
- High school or technical school diploma or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- At least three years in a leadership role in building construction is required
- Thorough knowledge of pump and machine repair, basic electrical knowledge; craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, cost control schedules and safety required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, construction means, methods and materials, understanding of line and grade and survey methods.
- Knowledge of construction cost control and basic accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of scheduling software (Primavera, Microsoft Project etc.)