SW - Senior Project Manager
SW - Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager- Software Development
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to work closely with program management, subsystem technical leads, and other engineers to manage and coordinate engineering activities. S/he will be responsible for project management activities for certain segments of the SW development effort to support the development of our complex electro-mechanical medical device.
This person will ensure that his/her engineering teams:
- Are efficient, effective and well-coordinated.
- Have clear priorities and goals.
- Develop and tracks to schedules.
- Deliver quality designs according to process.
The Project Manager is responsible for engineering project management:
- Coordinate, develop and track schedules, plans, tasks, and priorities.
- Establish strong relationships with engineering team members and be able to estimate, plan, and execute SW development tasks.
- Anticipate and mitigate risk points. Make tradeoffs between time, schedule, cost, and quality (when appropriate), while meeting safety and regulatory requirements.
- Support engineering teams to follow effective process. Promote communication between multiple platform teams and disciplines.
- With technical leads, develop and manage the SW development process and necessary SW development tools. Assist with design, selection and implementation of tools and processes.
- Ability to track the financials of the project with such things as forecasting, accruals, and actuals
- Ability to coordinate, track, proof and finalize project documents as needed with limited supervision
- Proven ability in coaching and influencing project teams to achieve maximum performance and efficiency in the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5-8 years of engineering experience in SW development
- 2-3 years of Project Management experience in SW development
- Experience with highly regulated and/or safety-critical systems is required (medical device experience strongly preferred)
- Strong knowledge of software engineering management, both tools and process (project tracking/scheduling; document management; SW unit/verification testing; issue/bug tracking; configuration management; integration/release testing; etc.)
- Solid understanding of structured product development (requirements-driven engineering, requirements documentation, rigorous verification, SW FMEA, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration (MBA)
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience managing projects in the medical device industry
- Ideation, development, and release of large electro-mechanical capital products with embedded software
- Experience as a SW development engineer with growing knowledge/experience in project management
- Familiarity with common software development tools/platforms/languages (JIRA, Stash, Bamboo, GIT, QNX, C++)
- Experience in SW development areas such as GUI development, Controls development, or SW verification testing
- Demonstrated experience in accomplishing objectives. Able to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with 21CFR Part 820 and ISO 13485, and ISO 62304