Tech Writer - Marlborough, MA
The Tech Writer will be responsible for conducting various documentation activities. This role will work cross functionally with product managers, engineers, and subject experts to create high-quality technical documentation that contributes to the overall success of our client’s processing systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Define and create product manuals for systems that accomplishes the following
- Effectively communicating the function, capability, and operational requirements of products.
- Complies with all relevant industry standards.
- Prepare reports in support of Regulatory Compliance activities.
- Work with Technical Product Ownership, Regulatory Compliance and Quality Assurance to determine relevant criteria for product descriptions and function.
- Test and verify content of User’s Manuals either by performing active tests on products or working with Applications Engineers to determine the overall effectiveness of documentation.
- Create templates for User’s Manuals, Service Manuals, Application Notes, Service Bulletins and other documentation as needed.
- Prepare application notes and service bulletins as required.
- Determine appropriate software and media to accomplish tasks as necessary.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Technical Communications preferred or direct relevant experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of 5 years technical writing experience.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience in industries such as lasers, optics or capital equipment a plus.
- Good proofreading and problem solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Capable of maintaining multiple tasks and report as needed on status.
- US Citizen