Test Engineer Manager
Test Engineer Manager
Looking for a Manager of the Manufacturing Test Engineering Department for a growing manufacturing company located in Westboro, MA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and supports manufacturing test engineers. Provides technical training, support, and evaluation of production test technicians.
- Engages in direct contact with customers; has daily interaction with Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Program Management, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance departments.
- Builds and manages a team of manufacturing test engineers responsible for the development, implementation, and support of manufacturing test processes for a diverse range of complex electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Develops and achieves department objectives.
- Manages individual and team performance through regular staff meetings, one-on-ones, and regular assessments.
- Provides subject matter expertise in electromechanical equipment and power distribution systems.
- Provides design-for-test (DFT) feedback and recommendations to customers.
- Develop test strategies, processes, equipment and protocols for customer designed products
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Maintains training plans for Test Engineers and Test Technicians and facilitates cross training on multiple product lines.
- Evaluates production Test Technician skill levels and conducts performance evaluations.
- Provides prioritization of Test Engineers and Technicians in support of production.
- Develops and maintains test equipment and protocols and ensure completeness of documentation eliminates need for any tribal knowledge.
- Requires 10-12 years of manufacturing/electrical test engineering experience and 2-3 years in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Requires a BSEE.
- Hands-on experience using test equipment such as scopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Schematic generation software (Autodesk or SW).
- Must have a working knowledge of Labview or other test automation tools.
- Must have broad technical skills in digital, analog, and RF technologies.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the electrical test-engineering field, including power and signal distribution panels, electrical hardware, software and firmware.
- Must understand hardware, software and firmware including networking and communications protocols.
- Must be able to troubleshoot electronic components at the printed circuit board level.
- Must have panel build experience including enclosure layout, power and signal wiring to UL or equivalent standards.
- Must have extensive experience generating electrical equipment documentation including BOMs, wire run lists, schematics, torque sheets, cable drawings etc.
- Must have extensive Engineering Change management skills and be able to complete ECO/ECNs within an ERP/MRP environment.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter that is able to work under minimal supervision, with excellent technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer interfacing skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to lead, plan, and execute test projects.
- Must be methodical, organized, and able to manage multiple projects and tasks on a concurrent basis.
- Must be able to lead and motivate team members.