With limited supervision, the Test Engineer will be responsible for developing, assimilating and improving Production Test Procedures, Plans and documents based upon customer supplied test requirements for a leading contract manufacturer specializing in the production of complex electronic systems, electro-mechanical assemblies, industrial and commercial products, medical devices, and military equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and support of manufacturing test processes for a diverse range of complex electronic and electro-mechanical systems and components.
- Experienced with System Level, Module Level, and Board Level Testing; RF and AC power distribution.
- Build cross functional communication and support systems to provide test services to production, program management, manufacturing engineering, and quality.
- Excellent troubleshooting and test process improvement skills which are utilized and effectively transferred to Engineering Test Technical staff.
- Provide disciplined approach to organizing and updating test related documentation, including creating and loading test documentation into Omnify utilizing the ECO process.
- Collaborate with customer to review and provide input to supplied test protocols and test fixtures when supplied. Collaborates with customer and develops test procedures and protocols when not provided.
- Performs root cause analysis of product failures and recommends corrective actions or improvements to the engineering and quality team.
- Designs fixtures to verify functionality while meeting production volume and quality assurance requirements.
- Provide design-for-test (DFT) feedback to customers.
- Has direct contact with customers; daily interaction with Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Project Management, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance departments.
- Requires 3-5 years of manufacturing test engineering experience.
- Hands-on experience using test equipment such as scopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Adept in MS office tool sets including but not limited to Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, Access, Power Point.
- Requires a BSEE or equivalent.
- Must have broad technical skills in digital, analog, and RF technologies.
- Position requires a highly motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision with excellent technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Can interpret industrial electrical, circuit board, and mechanical assembly drawings/ schematics.
- Working knowledge of digital and analog electronics in terms of functional controls and power supplies.
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, DVM’s, frequency generators, optical power measurement tools and spectrum analyzers Exposure to DMM, oscilloscopes, signal generators, hi-pot tester, ground bond tester.
- Exposure to test softwares, example: Labview.
- Experience in authoring detail test procedures.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to lead, plan, and execute test projects.
- Must be methodical, organized, and able to manage multiple projects and tasks on a concurrent basis.
- Must be able to lead and motivate team members.
- Scripting languages and LabView a plus.