Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
We are currently searching for a Tooling Engineer to join a large manufacturing company in Jasper, GA. The main duties of the Tooling Engineer are to facilitate the fabrication of transfer molding tools and auxiliary equipment to deliver world class rubber products on time and on budget, and to support manufacturing operations. This position will include conceptual design of tooling, project management of tooling fabrication, implementation of tooling into the manufacturing processes, and maintenance of the tooling for its life cycle.
Responsibilities of the Tooling Engineer:
- Ensure all tooling reliably produces parts that meet print tolerances and capability requirements.
- Resident expert on innovative tooling design capabilities and repair techniques.
- Lead the development of tooling maintenance best practices and standards.
- Facilitate tool design reviews and make recommendations on tooling projects to ensure manufacturability, efficiency, and cost-savings.
- Monitor project schedules with tooling suppliers and ensure that projects are completed on time and according to design.
- Provide project status and updates to management on a periodic basis.
- Implement tooling modifications and improvements, to achieve continual improvement and to support Quality and Operations.
- Maintain and control internal part design documentation and drawings.
- Supervise a team of in-house machinists, welders, and tooling technicians.
- Assist Program Managers to prepare internal quotes for new/existing programs and engineering changes.
Requirements of the Tooling Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, BSME Preferred
- 5+ years of relevant manufacturing/engineering experience with design, fabrication, application of molding tools, and supervisory experience is preferred.
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Kaizen, lean manufacturing
- Understanding of manufacturing and mold making
- Ability to develop and present basic training for tool design, use, and maintenance.
- Ability to work hands-on with tooling and equipment.
- Project planning and management experience.
- A proven background working in a manufacturing environment, TS16949 experience is preferred.
- Accuracy and precision oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Basic understanding of dimensioning, tolerance and inspection practices.
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate design and tooling specifications to suppliers, manufacturing, engineering, and customers.
- Proficient in CAD software and solid modeling, SolidWorks preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel at intermediate level, including data sorting, spreadsheet design, linking, and advanced formulas
- Proficient in project management software
- Knowledge of CNC programming preferred.
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Technical Recruiter in Marlborough MA
- Maintenance Tech in Lawrenceville GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Welder in Allston MA
- Manufacturing Technician in Bedford MA
- Production Control Associate in Cumming GA
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Structural Engineer in Ball Ground GA
- Assembler in Milford MA
- Sr. Buyer - Planner in Chelmsford MA
- Supply Chain Manager in Chelmsford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Manufacturing Engineer in Tucker GA
- Senior Document Control Specialist in Cambridge MA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Lead Mechanical Engineer in Fort Worth TX
- Sr Test Engineer in Bedford MA
- Controller in Merrimack NH
- Sr. Design Engineer in Chaska MN
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Lead in Olive Branch MS
- Mechanical Assembler - 1st Shift in Ashland MA
- Buyer in Hudson MA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering in Burnsville MN
- Manufacturing Engineer-Contract in Charlton MA
- Quality Inspector - Technician in Fridley MN
- Technical Recruiter-Program Manager - MN in Minneapolis MN
- Quality Management Systems Coordinator in Hudson NH
- Software Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Chief Mechanical Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Engineering Tech in Merrimack NH
- Warehouse - Forklift Driver in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Westborough MA
- Machine Learning Co-op in Milford MA
- Electronics Process Development Engineer in Framingham MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Manufacturing Engineer-Product Development in Charlton MA
- Maintenance Technician in Pendergrass GA
- Senior Mechanical Engineer in Burlington MA
- Director of Hardware Engineering in Burlington MA
- Welder in Gainesville GA
- Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Assembly Technician in Gainesville GA
- Warehouse - Picker 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Assembler (1st & 2nd shift) in Ashland MA
- Account Manager in Memphis TN
- Superintendent (NH) in Bow NH
- Lab Technician in Watertown MA
- Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- Administrative Assistant in Ayer MA
- Senior Software Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk in Norwood MA
- Account Payable Specialist in Auburn MA
- BIM Designer in Norcross GA
- Piping Designer in Avondale Estates GA
- CNC Machinist in Vineland NJ
- Material Handler in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Sr. Product Development Engineer in Newnan GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Data Entry Clerk (TN) in Memphis TN
- RF Test Technician in Vineland NJ
- Electronic Rework Operator in Vineland NJ
- Electromechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Credit Analyst in Norwell MA
- Robotics Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Electrical Engineer in White Bear Lake MN
- Quality Engineer in Framingham MA
- Technical Service Administrator in Milford MA
- Talent Acquisition Program Manager in Milford MA
- Warehouse - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Marketing Coordinator in Boxboro MA
- Sr. Production Technician in Merrimack NH
- Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Sourcing Manager in Cambridge MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pawtucket RI
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Software Engineering Manager in Danvers MA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- RMA Tech in Nashua NH
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Senior Accountant in Cambridge MA
- Drafter in Duluth GA
- Electro-Mechanical Tech in Beverly MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Industrial Designer in Round Rock TX
- Account Manager in Marlborough MA
- Inventory Control in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Operator in Alpharetta GA
- SMT Operator in Burnsville MN
- Technical Laboratory Supervisor in Memphis TN
- QA-QC Specialist in Memphis TN