We are working with a client in Newnan, GA who is looking to hire a Tooling Engineer. This is a direct hire opportunity with a international manufacturing company.
- Responsible for sourcing wheel tooling.
- Work closely with tool maker to develop prototype tooling and mass production tooling that meets PPAP and process capability requirements.
- Assist ME and QA to achieve capable, cost competitive wheel manufacturing processes, metal fabrication and welding manufacturing processes.
- Utilize expert knowledge to cost wheel components, tooling and process cycle times.
- Responsible for detailed design and development of secondary business products such as welded assemblies and steel shipping crates.
- Utilizes expert knowledge of metal fabrication and welding processes, tooling and commercial materials/finishes.
- Create detailed CAD drawings from models or concept drawings that are suitable for tooling makers.
- Utilize finite element/strength analysis software to insure market durability.
- Responsible for sourcing secondary business tooling.
- Work closely with tool maker to develop prototype tooling and mass production that meets PPAP and process capability requirements.
- Utilize expert knowledge to cost metal fabrication and welding components, tooling and process cycle time.
- Provide product and tooling troubleshooting support and continuous improvement solutions.
- From concept drawings or models create detailed CAD drawings suitable for tooling makers.
- Work closely with originator to refine cost effective design for manufacturer.
- BSME or equivalent.
- 10-15 years metalworking design and development and tooling experience.
- Strong CAD skills.
- Proven experience working with finite element/ strength analysis software.
- Experience working with stamping presses, roll forming presses, steel spinning presses, MIG/TIG welding, steel and aluminum materials.
- Experience in tool design/development/procurement