We are currently looking for a Welding Engineer in the Greenville, SC area. The Welding Engineer will be responsible for developing, approving and implementing weld specifications, material requirements and inspection procedures to be included on all Engineering drawings.
- Review and approval of all weld related work / setup / inspection instructions with frequencies and other production support tools to ensure that Product Engineering specifications will be met by the production process.
- Confirm welding process capability on existing processes.
- Develop and confirm welding process capability for new processes.
- Will develop and implement welding inspection systems at individual operations and quality audits.
- Review and approval of new weldment designs and supply feedback to Product Engineering regarding production feasibility during the APQP process is required.
- Provide review and approval of supplier weldment designs.
- Ability to supply DFMA and VA/VE input to Product Engineering of new and existing product is desired.
- This person will interact at all levels of the company and with customer representatives.
- Lead Weld Committee meetings
- Must have strong communication, critical decision making skills and personal interaction skills.
- A Bachelors degree in Welding Engineering is required with a full understanding of quality programs desired.
- Desired to be conversant in ISO 9001-2015, PPAP development and submission.
- Familiar with troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Must be able to assist Product Engineering with new product prototype development and new product launch activities.
- Develop ability to utilize quality personnel in process improvements that will include verification of process control, establishment of first off procedures, inspection criteria and guidelines, preparation of process capability studies for products with critical and/or significant characteristics.