Business Systems Analyst
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Business Systems Analyst
Title:Business Systems Analyst
SUMMARY: Business and systems analysis and development of EDI integration and ERP configuration. Performs technical and analytical duties relative to business process analysis, design, documentation, organizational change, systems evaluation, procurement, installation, configuration, programming, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Develops, implements and maintains EDI trading partner relationships and configures ERP software to apply business logic. Exercise independent choice and judgment and perform work requiring invention, imagination and creativity to predict future needs and opportunities, and develop robust technology solutions to meet them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with internal business functions and external trading partners and networks to streamline and automate order processing, fulfilment, shipping and invoicing.
- Become a subject matter expert on ERP EDI and system configuration capabilities.
- Analyze business processes by interviewing users, interrogating systems and datasets, generating process improvement ideas, and gaining organizational alignment and support for change.
- Document findings and requirements, estimate project effort and timelines.
- Utilize strong EDI and ERP configuration knowledge to create highly automated and reliable EDI solutions which serve both internal and external requirements.
- Configure ERP screens and workflows to streamline user interaction with the system.
- Help enable self-service tools, alerts and reports.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing reference materials and excellent support.
- Administer and maintain EDI integration and configurations, manage software testing and upgrades.
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve incidents including escalating and managing problems with vendors.
- Provide on-call support during and after hours to meet business demands
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including pursuing certifications; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of budgets and expenses, support tickets, asset and license inventories, user account records, system changes, and other data as required.
- Manage project resources, budgets and timelines.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Coaching and mentoring junior level staff with potential for supervisory role.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering equivalent experience in a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with EDI development.
- 3+ years’ experience developing with Java.
- 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst
- 3+ years’ configuring ERP software to provide business functionality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Working knowledge of XML, XSLT, SOAP/RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with EDI transactions sets: 850, 810, 856, 940, 945
- Experience with Infor M3 or Microsoft AX
- Knowledge of various file transfer protocols: AS2, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, etc.
- Knowledge of EDI standards (ANSI X12, EDIFACT)
- Project management
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials as well as federal/state regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures as needed. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management habits
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple/changing projects at a time in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Learn new systems quickly and personally drive continuous improvement in the organization
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Please contact us at 901-209-5950
- Shipper- Receiver in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Technician in Methuen MA
- Receptionist in Milford MA
- Specialty Folder Gluer Operator in Lawrenceville GA
- Test Technician in MA
- Solder in Manchester NH
- Admin Clerk in Jefferson GA
- Assembly in Brooklyn Park MN
- EM Assembler in Holliston MA
- Stockroom Associate in Norcross GA
- Electrical Engineer - Medical Device in Wayzata MN
- Field Applications Engineer in san jose CA
- Test Technician in Chaska MN
- Purchasing Manager in Bloomfield
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Associate Videographer in Milford MA
- Systems Aeronautical Engineer in Bloomfield CT
- Mechanical Aeronautical Engineer in Bloomfield CT
- NDT Level II in Bloomfield CT
- Electrical Engineer III in Alpharetta GA
- Assembly Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Material Handler (Production) 8-21-19 in Westborough MA
- Electrical Engineer in Providence RI
- Electromechanical Assembler in Norwood MA
- Payroll Specialist in Waltham MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Field Service Specialist in Milford MA
- Welder 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Shipping-Receiving Clerk in Marlborough MA
- Principal Technician in Eagleville PA
- Optical Assembly Technician in Nashua NH
- Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- CNC Polishing Technician in Nashua NH
- Quality Inspector in Kennesaw GA
- Principal Mechanical Engineer in Nashua NH
- Principal Optical Engineer in Nashua NH
- Optician in Nashua NH
- Assembly-Testing in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Memphis TN
- Assembly Technician in Worcester MA
- Material Handler 1st shift in Westborough MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Peabody MA
- Process Quality Engineer in Fall River MA
- Sr Systems Engineer in Providence RI
- Quality Assurance Engineer in Duluth GA
- Client Services Representative in Cleveland OH
- Material Handler (Production) 8-14-19 in Westborough MA
- Electronic Technician in Memphis TN
- Senior Quality Inspector in Alpharetta GA
- Electronic Assembler III in Alpharetta GA
- Senior Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Customer Account Specialist in Hopkinton MA
- Electronics Test Tech in Suwanee GA
- Picking - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Inspector-CMM Programmer in Lawrenceville GA
- Power Electronics-Test Lab Technician in lowell MA
- Engineering Support Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Account Representative in Collierville TN
- Customer Service Rep in Flowery Branch GA
- Technical Service Administrator in Milford MA
- Financial Analyst II in Milford MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Alpharetta GA
- Roll Thread Operator in Alpharetta GA
- Administrative Assistant in Tampa FL
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- Sr. Manufacturing Technician in Littleton MA
- Mechanical Assembler-Forklift Operator in Buford GA
- Structural Designer in Decatur AL
- I&E Designer in Decatur AL
- Fabricator - Weld Cleanup in Lawrenceville GA
- Materials Associate in Marlborough MA
- Tool and Die Maker in Alpharetta GA
- Customer Care Representative in Center Valley PA
- Research Associate in Milford MA
- Project Manager in Mansfield MA
- Material Handler (Production) 8-7-19 in Westborough MA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd shift in Lincoln RI
- Project Manager in MA
- Waterspider in Memphis TN
- Mechanical Inspector in Woburn MA
- Industrial Motor Assembly Technician in Suwanee GA
- Entry Level Product Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Welder in Branford CT
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Logistics Coordinator in Memphis TN
- Service Technician in Duluth GA
- Senior Manager Supply Chain Solutions in Atlanta GA
- Systems Tech in Beverly MA
- PLC Engineer in Mansfield MA
- Quality Inspector in Methuen MA
- Marketing Transformation Specialist in Milford MA
- Electrical Engineer in MA
- Repair Technician in Minneapolis MN
- Mechanical Designer in Roswell GA
- Jr Buyer in Merrimack NH
- Technology Services Coordinator in Duluth GA
- Systems Qualification Scientist in Milford MA
- HR Admin in Hopkinton MA
- Project Manager in Suwanee GA