Business Systems Analyst
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Business Systems Analyst
Title:Business Systems Analyst
SUMMARY: Business and systems analysis and development of EDI integration and ERP configuration. Performs technical and analytical duties relative to business process analysis, design, documentation, organizational change, systems evaluation, procurement, installation, configuration, programming, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Develops, implements and maintains EDI trading partner relationships and configures ERP software to apply business logic. Exercise independent choice and judgment and perform work requiring invention, imagination and creativity to predict future needs and opportunities, and develop robust technology solutions to meet them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with internal business functions and external trading partners and networks to streamline and automate order processing, fulfilment, shipping and invoicing.
- Become a subject matter expert on ERP EDI and system configuration capabilities.
- Analyze business processes by interviewing users, interrogating systems and datasets, generating process improvement ideas, and gaining organizational alignment and support for change.
- Document findings and requirements, estimate project effort and timelines.
- Utilize strong EDI and ERP configuration knowledge to create highly automated and reliable EDI solutions which serve both internal and external requirements.
- Configure ERP screens and workflows to streamline user interaction with the system.
- Help enable self-service tools, alerts and reports.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing reference materials and excellent support.
- Administer and maintain EDI integration and configurations, manage software testing and upgrades.
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve incidents including escalating and managing problems with vendors.
- Provide on-call support during and after hours to meet business demands
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including pursuing certifications; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of budgets and expenses, support tickets, asset and license inventories, user account records, system changes, and other data as required.
- Manage project resources, budgets and timelines.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Coaching and mentoring junior level staff with potential for supervisory role.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering equivalent experience in a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with EDI development.
- 3+ years’ experience developing with Java.
- 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst
- 3+ years’ configuring ERP software to provide business functionality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Working knowledge of XML, XSLT, SOAP/RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with EDI transactions sets: 850, 810, 856, 940, 945
- Experience with Infor M3 or Microsoft AX
- Knowledge of various file transfer protocols: AS2, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, etc.
- Knowledge of EDI standards (ANSI X12, EDIFACT)
- Project management
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials as well as federal/state regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures as needed. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management habits
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple/changing projects at a time in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Learn new systems quickly and personally drive continuous improvement in the organization
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Please contact us at 901-209-5950
- Micro Solder Repair Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Inspector in Lawrenceville GA
- Production Test Technician in Willmington MA
- EM Assembler in Willmington MA
- Assembly Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Buford GA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Structural Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Memphis TN
- Mold Maker in Rochester NH
- Tool Die Maker in Rochester NH
- Machine Operator 2nd Shift in Salem NH
- Laboratory Automation Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Materials Coordinator II in Lawrenceville GA
- Shipping-Stockroom in Lawrenceville GA
- Stockroom Helper in Lawrenceville GA
- Shop Helper (Machine) in Lawrenceville GA
- Shop Helper (Packaging) in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Rep in Concord CA
- CNC Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Stainless Steel Finisher in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler 2nd Shift in Salem NH
- 3rd shift Packer-Picker-Puller in Newfield NJ
- 1st shift Picker Packer in Newfield NJ
- Sanitation Lead in Attleboro MA
- CNC Machinist in Attleboro MA
- Maintenance Tech in Attleboro MA
- Warehouse-Manufacturing Associate in Natick MA
- Engineering Documentation Admin in Bedford NH
- Extrusion Manager in Mableton GA
- 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Laser Machine Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Calibration Technician in Manchester NH
- EM Assembler II in Westboro MA
- Inventory control clerk in Concord CA
- Material handler in Concord CA
- Manufacturing Design Engineer in Attleboro MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Attleboro MA
- Precision Inspector- Fremont in Fremont CA
- Tax Administrative Assistant in Louisville KY
- Staff Accountant in Attleboro MA
- Electrical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Project Manager in Decatur AL
- EM Assembler III Clean Room in Westborough MA
- Sr Systems Safety Engineer in Waltham MA
- TIG Welder-Aluminum in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Industrial Motor Assembly Technician in Suwanee GA
- Account Executive in Cherry Hill NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic in Swedesboro NJ
- Surface Mount Machine Technician in New Hope MN
- Sr. Tooling Engineer in Woburn MA
- Lead Maintenance Mechanic in Conyers GA
- Robotics Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Precision Inspector in Concord CA
- Quality Technician II in Concord CA
- Facilities Maintenance Technician II in Concord CA
- Material Handler in Westborough MA
- Assembly Technician I 2nd shift in West Boylston MA
- Assembly Technician I in West Boylston MA
- Test Tech III in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector 3rd Shift in Rochester NH
- Electronic Assembly Support in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- Quality Control Technician in Billerica MA
- Extrusion Operator in Taunton MA
- Master Mechanic in Taunton MA
- Maintenance Electrician in Taunton MA
- Senior FPGA Design Engineer in Waltham MA
- Sales Support Admin in Chaska MN
- Scale Technician in August GA
- Electronic Assembler in Alpharetta GA
- Test Tech-Operator - weekend - 5 openings in Nashua NH
- Test Tech-Operator - 2nd Shift - 8 openings in Nashua NH
- Test Tech-Operator - 1st Shift - 4 openings in Nashua NH
- Machinist in Bedford NH
- Production Worker in Memphis TN
- Soldering Technician in Suwanee GA
- Material Coordinator in Westborough MA
- Utility Clerk in Lenox MA
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift in Newton MA
- Field Application Technician in Hattiesburg MS
- Principal Test Engineer in Merrimack NH
- Lead Structural Engineer in Baton Rouge LA
- Sr. PM in Bridgeport CT
- Stockroom 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- Welder in Dahlonega GA
- Maintenance Planning Schedule Specialist in Swedesboro NJ
- Sr Validation Engineer in West Point PA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Fall River MA
- Assembler in Franklin MA
- Forklift Operator - 3rd shift in Logan Township NJ
- Forklift Operator - 1st shift in Logan Township NJ
- Packing - 3rd shift in Logan Township NJ
- Packing - 2nd shift in Logan Township NJ