Our client located near Horsham, PA is looking for a Department Supervisor for Electrical and Mechanical Assembly on a direct hire basis. This is a first shift position, Monday-Friday 7:15am-4:15pm
The salary for this position is around $73k depending on experience.
- Supervises electrical and mechanical assembly departments requiring a high degree of skill and a comprehensive knowledge of processes involved in control panel and machine wiring
- Scheduling and allocation of work based on resource availability, skill level required, delivery dates and production control demand.
- Monitor departments output to ensure sub-assemblies and machines are produced within print tolerances and specifications.
- Ensuring that engineering change notices are reviewed and implemented.
- Working with the engineering department to refine drawings and ensure that wiring diagrams, schematics, and BOM’s are accurate.
- Continuous process improvement.
- Directly supervises unionized direct labor employees, policies and union contract provisions.
- Working with vendors to ensure parts are form, fit, and function to our prints.
- Responsible for daily labor reporting of employees, completing route steps, and other various tasks using Microsoft AX
- Interacting with the Production Control, Engineering, Assembly, and Calibration departments to ensure on time delivery
- Ensuring a safe work environment is maintained
- Control Panel - Machine Wiring - Mechanical Assembly Experience Required!
- High School Graduate w/Technical Degree or Associate’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years of hands on control panel and/or machine wiring experience.
- Basic understanding of mechanics, i.e. bearings, bearing journals, machined finishes, tapped holes.
- Basic mechanical or machine maintenance experience
- Experience using Microsoft AX and Office Suite a plus
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills