We have an exciting new direct hire opportunity in the Milford, MA area for a Senior Supply Chain Buyer/Planner! This role is responsible for managing production planning, procurement, and Supply Chain activities.
Salary range DOE: $65,000-$95,000
The Supply Chain Buyer/Planner will be Responsible for:
- Driving demand through manufacturing orders while effectively managing cost and availability of material through successful procurement, commodity management as well as the overseeing our suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Effectively drive master scheduling activities to analyze production requirements utilizing MRP/ERP system driven requirements.
- Generate manufacturing orders to drive optimal production and material demand.
- Oversee inventory and non-Inventory procurement activities seeking lowest cost while retaining product quality, quantity, delivery, and services.
- Manage the activities of external subcontractors and suppliers, including but not limited to price, quality, service, productivity and delivery.
- Effectively manage supply chain activities.
- Utilize the existing supply chain and operational processes, make ongoing recommendations for enhancements, and remain current on all activities.
- Collaborate with our engineering team on new product introduction procurement requirements.
- Participate in the ongoing management, improvement, and enhancement of our MRP/ERP system.
As the Supply Chain Buyer/Planner, you will need to have:
- 5+ years of progressively successful hands-on, strategic, and tactical experience in production planning, procurement, supplier management and supply chain management in an industrial manufacturing environment. BSBA or BSME preferred
- Expert knowledge of supply chain concepts and application
- Proven experience in effectively driving master scheduling activities to analyze production requirements utilizing MRP/ERP system driven requirements.
- Strong experience outsourcing and managing sub-contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Solid shop/floor experience
- Proven success in managing inventory and non-Inventory procurement activities, seeking lowest cost while retaining product quality, quantity, delivery, and services.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes and techniques is preferred.
- Self-directed with excellent analytical, planning, organizational, interpersonal, communications, time management, problem-solving, budgeting and negotiation skills
- Strong MRP/ERP utilization and management skills. MS Dynamics /Great Plains preferred
- Ability and willingness to use and rely on our existing processes and established guidelines in the performance of the work and developing/enhancing processes and methods.