We are hiring for a Buyer at our advanced food maufacturing plant in Lynn, Ma! This is a Direct Hire position with excellent benefits, salary, and growth opportunity!
Responsible for the procurement of raw materials, communication with vendors, and ensuring quality standards of raw materials. This position has the authority to act as a purchasing agent for the Company with an approximate annual spend budget of $50M.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and execute raw material requirements for internal customers through ERP System
- Reorder raw materials within lead time specifications as needed
- Adherence to inventory levels based on usage, forecast, minimum and maximum inventory ranges.
- Monitor daily raw material orders/logistics to ensure on-time deliveries and efficient production.
- Contact vendors when orders do not meet our standards
- Maintain product reorder data including lead time, minimum order quantity, minimum and maximum inventory levels, primary and secondary vendor.
- Maintain Vendor Database with contact and ordering info for customer service and sales representatives.
- Negotiate with vendors for competitive pricing and review new products.
- New Vendor and Product setup (price quotation and negation, raw material specs, data setup).
- Invoice approval and reconciliation by researching supplier information, invoice approval software, and ERP data.
- Maintain pricing information for the purpose of tracking and placing contracts.
- Assist Operations Team (Receiving/Warehouse/Production/Planning/Transport) with raw material issues, delivery and pickup times, and ensure customer and supplier are aligned.
- Work with QA to action expiring inventory, manage raw material rejections and returns, and other issues as needed.
- Plan & Execute Raw Material requirements through ERP system
- Ensure raw materials are in stock for required production
- Reduce inventory and cost to improve cash flow and increase company profitability while maintaining quality standards
- Ensure Quality of Raw Materials and Manage Vendors Quality Standards
- Manage raw material shortage reporting, raw materials planning, inbound delivery planning
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing purchasing, food industry experience highly desired
- Demonstrated excellence in driving consistently strong profitable sales growth
- Experienced working with Procurement/Supply Chain Planning
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Financial and business acumen