Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client located in Peabody, Ma is looking for a Buyer to join their team. This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
The Buyer is responsible for sourcing, purchasing, planning and scheduling the movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related materials through the production and inventory process.
- Identify raw material, component and related requirements from Engineering and Production specifications..
- In front end and procurement mode, analyze data and determine factors that affect rice and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Negotiate process, select or recommend suppliers, analyze trends, follow-up on orders placed, approve payment and maintain necessary records of materials movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycles.
- Coordinate and follow up with production, warehouse and Engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling and movement of materials and services.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to make optimal purchasing decisions based on supplier and customer contracts.
- Influence communication and collaborative skills to partner with all internal customers (Sourcing, Finance, Operations, Sales, etc.) and external supplier partners to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Analyze data from multiple sources to understand the root cause of a problem or low metric and conduct follow up conversations with supplier partners.
- Develop long term relationships with supplier partners to encourage and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Work on complex projects of large scope.
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness and ability to mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Operations
- 3-5+ years of related experience
- Prior experience with inventory management, warehouse optimization practices, forecasting tools, safety stock determinations and new product inventory planning
- Background in inventory reduction and product rationalization techniques.
- In depth knowledge of inventory management concepts.
- Comprehensive understanding of supply chain dynamics, processes and workflow in a manufacturing environment.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Ability to squat or kneel occasionally
- Jr. Buyer in Hudson NH
- Manufacturing Associate in Hudson MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Machine Operator in Duluth GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Buyer - Planner in Peabody MA
- Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Norcross GA
- Press Break Machine Operator in Peabody MA
- Electro Mechanical Assembler in Lowell MA
- Chemistry Technician I in Golden CO
- Controls Engineer in Mt. Washington KY
- Electronic Assembly Technician in Plymouth MN
- Estimator in Pendergrass GA
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Assembly-Production Tech in Golden CO
- Assembler, CT in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Quality Inspector II - PCBA in Westborough MA
- Shipping & Recieving in Alpharetta GA
- Estimation Technician in Memphis TN
- CAD Modeler in Carrolton GA
- Associate Videographer in Milford MA
- Inventory Clerk in Rochester NH
- Computer - Production Technician in Rochester NH
- Operations Manager in Memphis TN
- Material Handler III in Milford MA
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Billerica MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Machine Operator III in Bridgeport NJ
- Machine Operator I in Bridgeport NJ
- Payroll-HR Clerk in Millville NJ
- Credit Specialist in Memphis TN
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- EM Assembler in Holliston MA
- Warehouse - General Labor in Oxford MA
- Electronic Technician in Memphis TN
- Accounts Payable Specialist in Milford MA
- Test Operator in Nashua NH
- EM Assembler in Leominster MA
- Order Picker in Wilsonville OR
- Associate CMM Layout Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- Entry Level Staff Accountant in Golden CO
- Maintenance Mechanic in Maple Grove MN
- CNC Programmer in Leominster MA
- Document Control Specialist in North Billerica MA
- CNC Turning Machinist in Milford MA
- Accountant in Hudson MA
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Mechanics - 2nd and 3rd shifts in Lincoln RI
- Assembler-Kitter in Norwood MA
- Electrical Design Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor in Westborough MA
- Custodian in Westborough MA
- Production Supervisor in Conyers GA
- Candidate Experience Coordinator in Manhattan NY
- Diesel Technician in Lilburn GA
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Controls Technician in Portland ME
- Manual Machinist in New Haven CT
- Engineer, Navigation Systems 18-0054 in Alhambra CA
- Sr Electrical Designer in Minneapolis MN
- IT Technician in Norcross GA
- Quality Engineer in Dover NH
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Advanced Panel Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- 2nd Shift Production Supervisor in Brooklyn Park MN
- Endoscope Technician in Memphis TN
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Operator- Assembly tech in Central Manchester CT
- Industrial Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Executive Assistant in Newton MA
- Logistics Clerk in Franklin MA
- Machine shop Lead - Supervisor - Operations Support in Central Manchester CT
- Preventative Maintenance Tech - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Mechanical - Incoming Inspector in Hudson NH
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- EHS Technician - Environmental Health & Safety Tech in Maple Grove MN
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- Paint & Assembly Supervisor in Norcross GA
- Lab Analyst in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Hollis NH
- MOCVD Section Manager- 18-0011 in Alhambra CA
- Product Engineer in Milford NH
- Maintenance Mechanic in Shrewsbury MA
- Electronics Technician in Framingham MA
- Logistics Coordinator in Bartlett TN
- Test Tech - 2nd shift in Westborough MA
- Test Operator 2nd shift in Westboro MA
- Solder Assembler II-III 2nd shift in Westboro
- EM Assembler I-II (2nd Shift) in Westboro MA
- Test Operator - AOI -1st shift in Westboro MA
- Manufacturing Engineer II in Maple Grove MN
- Production Supervisor in Shrewsbury MA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Millville NJ
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA