Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client located in Peabody, Ma is looking for a Buyer to join their team. This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
The Buyer is responsible for sourcing, purchasing, planning and scheduling the movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related materials through the production and inventory process.
- Identify raw material, component and related requirements from Engineering and Production specifications..
- In front end and procurement mode, analyze data and determine factors that affect rice and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Negotiate process, select or recommend suppliers, analyze trends, follow-up on orders placed, approve payment and maintain necessary records of materials movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycles.
- Coordinate and follow up with production, warehouse and Engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling and movement of materials and services.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to make optimal purchasing decisions based on supplier and customer contracts.
- Influence communication and collaborative skills to partner with all internal customers (Sourcing, Finance, Operations, Sales, etc.) and external supplier partners to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Analyze data from multiple sources to understand the root cause of a problem or low metric and conduct follow up conversations with supplier partners.
- Develop long term relationships with supplier partners to encourage and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Work on complex projects of large scope.
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness and ability to mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Operations
- 3-5+ years of related experience
- Prior experience with inventory management, warehouse optimization practices, forecasting tools, safety stock determinations and new product inventory planning
- Background in inventory reduction and product rationalization techniques.
- In depth knowledge of inventory management concepts.
- Comprehensive understanding of supply chain dynamics, processes and workflow in a manufacturing environment.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Ability to squat or kneel occasionally
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Shipping & Receiving in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Branford CT
- Purchasing Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Eagan MN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Controls Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Material Handler in Waltham MA
- Stockroom Attendant 1st Shift in Gainesville GA
- System Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory Clerk in Los Alamitos CA
- CNC Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Sr Mechanical Engineer in Boston MA
- Customer Support Rep in Los Alamitos CA
- Applications Engineer in Fairburn GA
- Project Manager in Fairburn GA
- NDE Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician-Quality Control in Buford GA
- Press Brake Operator-Night Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Sr Buyers - Medical in Merrimack NH
- Client Services Assistant in Oklahoma City OK
- Administrative Assistant in Norwood MA
- Specimen Technician I in Chantilly VA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- CNC MACHINE OPERATOR – 2nd shift in Central Manchester CT
- Controls Engineer in Covington GA
- Inside Sales Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Electronic Assembler - Soldering Technician in Burnsville MN
- Optical Technician in Franklin MA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-22-19 in Westborough MA
- Light Duty - Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Multi-Purpose Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Sutton MA
- Packaging technician in Sutton MA
- Process Engineer in Fall River MA
- Solderer Level 3 in Nashua NH
- Training Coordinator in Milford MA
- Lead Process and Quality Engineer in Leominster MA
- Process Engineer in Leominster MA
- Systems Tech in Beverly MA
- Specimen Technician I in Norwood MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Golden CO
- Field Service Technician in North Charleston SC
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- CNC Maintenance Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler (Production) 5-15-19 in Westborough MA
- Brake Press Operator in Duluth GA
- Assembly Tech II 2nd shift in Worcester MA
- 1st Shift Shipper in Newton MA
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Office Support Assistant in Norwood MA
- Lab Assistant I in Memphis TN
- Packaging Assembly in Marlborough MA
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- CNC Machinist in Boylston MA
- HR Generalist in Franklin MA
- Machine Operator in Suwanee GA
- Production Coordinator in Lynn MA
- Assembly Specialist II in Sharpsburg PA
- E&I Technician 1st & 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift in South Brunswick NJ
- CNC Machinist (Weekend Days) in Milford MA
- QC Inspector in Needham Heights MA
- Lab Associate in Norwood MA
- HR Generalist in Ashland MA
- Quality Engineer in Branford CT
- Value Add Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Pressure Vessel Pre-Fabrication in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Bloomington MN
- Reach-Lift Operator in Jefferson GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Newnan GA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA
- Export Coordinator in Newton MA
- NDE Specialist in North Canton OH
- Customer Service in Northborough MA
- Shipper-Receiver in Northborough MA
- Customer Order Analyst in North Canton OH
- Test Technician in Acton MA
- Material Handler in Holliston MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Everett WA
- Test Engineer in Manchester NH
- Second Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Haverhill MA
- Manufacturing Process Specialist - Grinding in North Canton OH
- Field Machine Technician in Suwanee GA
- Electro-Mechanic Technician in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator (All Shifts) in Ashland MA
- Process Engineer in Olive Branch MS
- Underwriter in Marlborough MA
- Production Supervisor - 2nd shift in Shrewsbury MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Shipper in Waltham MA
- Lab Support Personnel in Memphis TN