Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Our client located in Peabody, Ma is looking for a Buyer to join their team. This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
The Buyer is responsible for sourcing, purchasing, planning and scheduling the movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related materials through the production and inventory process.
- Identify raw material, component and related requirements from Engineering and Production specifications..
- In front end and procurement mode, analyze data and determine factors that affect rice and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Negotiate process, select or recommend suppliers, analyze trends, follow-up on orders placed, approve payment and maintain necessary records of materials movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycles.
- Coordinate and follow up with production, warehouse and Engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling and movement of materials and services.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to make optimal purchasing decisions based on supplier and customer contracts.
- Influence communication and collaborative skills to partner with all internal customers (Sourcing, Finance, Operations, Sales, etc.) and external supplier partners to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Analyze data from multiple sources to understand the root cause of a problem or low metric and conduct follow up conversations with supplier partners.
- Develop long term relationships with supplier partners to encourage and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Work on complex projects of large scope.
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness and ability to mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Operations
- 3-5+ years of related experience
- Prior experience with inventory management, warehouse optimization practices, forecasting tools, safety stock determinations and new product inventory planning
- Background in inventory reduction and product rationalization techniques.
- In depth knowledge of inventory management concepts.
- Comprehensive understanding of supply chain dynamics, processes and workflow in a manufacturing environment.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Ability to squat or kneel occasionally
- Material Handler II in Westboro MA
- Revenue Analyst in Lowell MA
- Customer Quality Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Sr Quality System Engineer in Eden Prairie MN
- Assembly Technician in Hollis NH
- Quality Engineer in Peterborough NH
- Internal Audit Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Sr. Hardware Engineer (2) in Alhambra CA
- FPGA Design Engineer in Alhambra CA
- Warehouse Associate in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Designer in Marietta GA
- 5-axis CNC programmer in Manchester CT
- Customer Service Associate in Westford MA
- Civil Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Enterprise Sales Representative in Marlborough MA
- TIG Welder in Norcross GA
- Quality Specialist in Norcross GA
- Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough MA
- HR Generalist in Swedesboro NJ
- Assembly Tech in Alpharetta GA
- Hardware Insertion in Alpharetta GA
- Manual Machinist - Jig in Central Manchester CT
- Material Handler (1st Shift) in Franklin MA
- Part Time Receptionist in Lowell MA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator in Medway MA
- Warehouse Associate in Lexington MA
- Assembly Technician in Woburn MA
- Optical Engineer in MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Failure Analysis Engineering Aide in Lincoln RI
- Medical Lab Tech in Norwood MA
- CNC Operator in Norcross GA
- Fabricator-Welder in Norcross GA
- CMM-Mechanical Inspector (1st & 2nd shift) in Woburn MA
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Sr. Quality Engineer in Jasper GA
- 3rd Shift QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- 1st Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- Engineering Manager in Bozeman MT
- Systems-Electrical Engineer in Exeter NH
- Principal Diagnostics Engineer in MA
- Receptionist-Sales Support in Bartlett TN
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Solidworks Designer in Concord NH
- Test Technician in Duluth GA
- Salesforce Admin in Norcross GA
- Lab and Tire Test Technician in Suwanee GA
- CAD Designer in Duluth GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- PCB Assembler in Norcross GA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Software Engineer in Bartlett TN
- Program Manager II in MA
- Warehouse Associate in Norwood MA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Inspector in Franklin MA
- Finisher I in Memphis TN
- Industrial Controls Technician III in Olive Branch MS
- Administrative Assistant in Maple Grove MN
- Manual Lathe Operator in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Tool & Die Maker in Atlanta GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- Project Manager in MA
- 3rd Shift Extrusion Operator in Manchester NH
- Customer Service Rep in Ashland MA
- SMT Operator - 1st Shift in Burnsville MN
- Senior CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Inspector in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Duluth GA
- HR Specialist in Newton MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Plant Manager in Woburn MA
- Project Manager in Dacula GA
- Purchasing Agent in Dacula GA
- Lead CAD Drafter in Dacula GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- CNC Operator in West Deptford NJ
- Engineering Technicians in Andover MA
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- 1st Shift Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Accounts Payable Financial Assistant in Milford MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manufacturing Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Site Quality Manager in Maple Grove MN
- General Laborer in West Deptford NJ
- Senior Electrical Systems Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Specialist in Lawrenceville GA
- Mechanical Inspector II - RII in Westborough MA
- Quality Inspector II - EM in Westborough MA
- Quality Control Inspector in Worcester MA
- Marketing Communication Associate in Brooklyn Park MN
- Project Manager in North Charleston SC
- CAD Designer in Arlington TN
- Column Assembler in Milford MA