Location: Bridgeport, NJ
Shift: 1st (8:00am-4:30am)
Lead the development of a supply chain strategy to support the product road map and improve cost competitiveness and supply chain efficiency for various product categories.
- Drive supply base consolidation and the speed to materialize low cost country (LCC) opportunities: e.g. product transition & introduction.
- Drive overall supplier performance against key supply chain objectives. Measure and report performance status. Conduct supplier business review.
- Lead / participate in cross-functional teams to develop project plans, key deliverables, milestones for strategic initiations.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing with domestic and international suppliers.
- Evaluate and select new sources and capabilities.
- Actively participate in the SIOP process to ensure sufficient product pipeline.
- Keep up with the market trend to identify risks and opportunities.
Education, Experience, Competencies
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years strategic sourcing experience in direct / indirect materials
- Proven cost reduction history
- Strong project management, capable of handling multiple projects
- Technical knowledge and familiar with the measurement and control industry
- Experience in machining, raw materials and other category management
- Contract negotiation and Low-Cost Country (LCC) Sourcing
- Innovator with high ethical integrity
- Experience in “Make and Buy “analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of ERP, computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Project