Our client in Milford, MA is currently leading a search for a CNC Machinist to join their organization within their Global Machining Operations. This position would join over 200+ professionals who work within a worldclass 50,000 Sq. FT. Machining/Manufacturing facility, w/ over 90+ state of the art CNC machines and technologies. We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to work in this fast paced multifaceted work environment utilizing a variety of CNC lathe and CNC Milling technologies to produce machined components for biotechnology products.
The position requires set-up and operation abilities of more than one multi-axis machine such as Citizen Swiss (A20, L20, M20), Nakamura-Tome (WT-100, WT-150, WT-250), Okuma or Mori-Seiki. Inspection of own and other associates parts, computer skills, ability to read and edit programs and make sound decisions when presented with issues is required. Excellent communication skills are paramount as working on multiple machines with associates is a required function.
This opening is a Direct-Hire, Night Shift position for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7:30pm to 8:00am
- Under limited supervision follow written process and operate a variety of CNC machines
- Set-up and operate cnc equipment and perform any other functions within the department that may be necessary.
- Inspect first piece and in process material utilizing visual and hand inspection equipment, ie. Vernier calipers, Micrometer and drop dial indicators as well as profilometer and CMM operations.
- Interact in a Manufacturing environment with a variety of personnel and shift change over on a daily basis as well as sharing a machining center with another associate.
- Vocational trades school, high school diploma or equivalent required: Formal trades or apprenticeship preferred.
- Must have sufficient education to read complex engineering drawings, perform shop math and keep accurate records.
- Personal computer skill required.
- Position requires a commitment to accelerated development using a variety of training methods both internal and external to waters.
- All training will be developed and implemented based upon the candidate experience level.