The CNC Programmer will create and maintain computer numerically controlled (CNC) programs. He/she will work with the manufacturing and engineering departments to develop processes for parts being made on a variety of CNC machines.
- Review 3D CAD models and prints.
- Use Mastercam to generate code for CNC milling machines.
- Develop fixturing and select tooling to support machining operations/programs as necessary.
- Communicate with engineers, machinists, and production leads to ensure programs are developed according to desired processes, methods, and expectations.
- Works closely with machinists to check completed programs.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Recommends program improvements and/or process changes for increased efficiency and cost savings, or to assist in moving operations from overloaded work centers where acceptable.
- Support all aspects of the company quality initiatives.
- Adhere to all applicable environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Promote adherence to manufacturing schedules and deadlines.
- Assist in the promotion of a cooperative and supportive work environment.
- CAD proficiency
- Strong math skills
- Excellent CNC programming skills
- Detail, goal, and accuracy-oriented
- Ability to manage time and multi-task
- Ability to perform duties effectively with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 a plus