We are working with a large industrial equipment manufacturing company in North West Georgia who is looking to add a Controls Technician to their growing team. This is a great opportunity for technical candidates with strong knowledge of control panels and industrial automation. The Controls Technician assembles, installs, tests and troubleshoots electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus and components using hand tools and power tools in a safe manner. They will be expected to diagnose malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment and hand tools to determine issues and implement/suggest solutions. This role will inspect electrical equipment and identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustments or repairs and ensure proper operation and compliance with all applicable codes, regulations and site-specific operating procedures. Often these tasks will be performed at a client’s location, so a heavy travel schedule can be expected in this job.
This is a direct hire opportunity with about 80% of traveling both domestic and internationally
Pay based on interview and experience
- Servicing, repairing, and installing equipment and electrical controls used in the food processing industry.
- Operates any equipment needed to safely perform job including proper lock out tag out. (LOTO)
- Repair and replace electrical motors, HMIs, PLCs, VFDs and other components used is client specific
- equipment control systems.
- Programs PLCs. (Siemens and AB)
- Must be willing to learn specific systems and component functions used on client's equipment to troubleshoot
- and repair as needed.
- Train and assist technicians on setting up and weighing and vision system so they can go into the field
- and support the equipment.
- Industrial electrician certificate or verifiable experience.
- Associate degree or higher in Electrical Engineering strongly preferred.
- Journeyman electrician certificate is a plus.
- Familiarity with Siemens Simatic Step 7 software is highly desirable.
- PLC programming skills and strong industrial software knowledge is required.
- Strong trouble shooting experience.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Must have experience with installing and troubleshooting wiring and control systems.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to travel 80% of the time.