Design Engineer - (Electrical Assemblies)
Design, plan, and supervise; develop and implement improved ways to extract, process, and use raw materials; develop new materials that both improve the performance of products and take advantage of advances in technology; analyze the impact of the products they develop or the systems they design on the environment and on people using them; determine the causes of breakdowns; test manufactured products to maintain quality; estimate the time and cost to complete projects.
Salary Range: $80-100K/year
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer:
Requirements of the Design Engineer :
- Generally specialize or devoted to a specific craft or occupation.
- Create fully detailed 2D drawings in support of assigned subassemblies and installations.
- Prepare engineering release documentation that defines part number, affectivity and usage.
- Participate as working-level member of individual vehicle cross functional team to ensure a quality product is developed on schedule within prescribed cost.
- BS Electrical Engineering, or BS Electrical Engineering Technology with 2 years experience, or HS Diploma / GED with equivalent electrical design engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years experience preferred (will consider college hire)
- Ability to visualize and plan multiple technical assignments 1-6 months out into future.
- Ability to conceive countermeasure plans for technical challenges.
- Ability to develop and diagnose 12V/48V electrical systems and components.
- NDT product experience is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have Solidworks 2D and 3D CAM experience
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% to client sites for installs and repairs