We are looking for Electrical Technician to join our client in Manchester, NH on a direct hire basis!
This is a second shift role and the hours are 3pm-11pm.
The main responsibilities will be to maintain plant production and facilities equipment by performing skilled electrical maintenance and repairs to minimize production downtime and improve production equipment performance.
Prioritize and minimize workload in an industrial manufacturing environment by utilizing technical capabilities, and expanding both knowledge and skills while performing critical machine repairs
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs maintenance and repairs on all machinery, equipment and systems in the Plant. This includes adjustments, calibrations, troubleshooting, installations, monitoring and other duties required to minimize machinery and equipment downtime without compromising workmanship and quality
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the electrical service and distribution systems in the Plant and performs work necessary to provide electrical service to new and relocated machinery and equipment including the planning and layout of conduit, wiring and other electrical devices and materials
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the electrical controls and devices utilized on Plant equipment, machinery and systems including, but not limited to, PLC’s, AC and DC drives, motor controllers, positioning devices and motion control systems.
- Performs Preventive and Predictive maintenance (PM and PdM) tasks on plant machinery, equipment, and facilities equipment, with a focus on increasing machine uptime. Makes improvements to PM tasks that help reduce machine downtime and improve machine performance. Completes all required documentation
- Works both individually and in a team environment to learn and improve skills and provide knowledge and assistance to his peers. Researches and acquires knowledge and understanding of issues in the electrical technician field by using online and vendor information and data, to improve knowledge, skills and independence
- Completes all necessary paperwork related to job functions including, but not limited to, work orders, inventory, shift notes, records, logs, project notes, and purchasing documents.
- Participates in identifying shortages and vulnerabilities in the stockroom inventories in order to limit production downtime by expanding the spare parts and stockroom inventory with the assistance and guidance of the MRO technician. Communicates, coordinates and works with suppliers and vendor technical representatives as needed
- Assists and consults with Electrical Controls Technicians and engineering staff on equipment and/or facility modifications and upgrades requiring advanced levels of knowledge and skills.
- Coordinates and monitors work performed by contractors as needed.
- Supports the Policy commitments of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. This includes identifying, developing, and implementing continuous improvement projects that meet the Policy Commitment Objectives
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with all company Safety Procedures and OSHA regulations
- Move Chemicals and or wastes within the facility and maintain chemical storage areas in a clean, orderly manner. Package and label waste for storage and transport as requested. Follows applicable Environmental Health and Safety department procedures
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position
- 5+ years of electrical and controls experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience with PLC’s, AC and DC drives and other industrial control components and devices
- Good mechanical aptitude and experience with mechanical machine maintenance and repair
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical diagrams and drawings.
- Good electrical craftsmanship – ability to bend pipe/conduit and perform quality installation of electrical systems and components
- Proficient technical skills including the ability to utilize electrical meters, calibration devices, and other electrical monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills or ability and willingness to learn
- Good decision-making skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Journeyman’s Electrician license
- AS Degree in a technical discipline
- Experience with CMMS or PM/Work Order Tracking system(s)
- Experience with Allen-Bradley controls and programs