We are currently seeking an Electrician for out client in Spartanburg, SC. The Electrician is responsible for the installation of third-party hardware and sensors on robotic work cells and industrial automation systems and the installation of electrical wiring for systems, equipment and control panels as designed.
This is a direct hire role and pay is dependent on experience but will range between $24-29 per hour. The role does require 20-25 percent travel on the road projects usually last 1-2 weeks. Facility is climate controlled with outstanding benefits including:
- 100% of medical for individual or family is company covered. Dental and vision are available. 100K life insurance is company covered.
- 3 weeks vacation to start. Can roll over up to 5 vacation days so possible to have 20/yr. 5 personal days.
- Using the electrical design package and any customer or project provided specifications, plan and accomplish the electrical build process of the automated equipment.
- Perform cell wiring and system wiring including installation of conduit and/or wireway according to the electrical design package.
- Perform electrical testing, troubleshooting and verification to ensure that the automated equipment or system is functioning as designed.
- Must be aware of the dates and budgeted hours in the project schedules and work within those constraints.
- Be able to communicate status and /or concerns of the build progress to the Assembly Manager and report any problems to the Assembly Manager.
- Create requisitions for materials such as wire, conduit and fittings, and other components typically not ordered by the Electrical Designer.
- Provide support during de-bug / integration and acceptance as needed or requested.
- Work with the project managers, customers, designers, mechanical assembly and programmers to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete and functional system.
- Qualified to inspect and test/maintain plant capital equipment on the shop floor.
- A certificate of qualification as an electrician or equivalent work experience.
- Five years’ experience electrical wiring, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience in the assembly of special purpose machines, automation or robotics.
- An ability to work effectively with customers according to deadlines and under pressure-filled conditions is essential.
- Willingness to travel and to work on weekends/Holidays (as needed) up to 20% per year
- Self-directed and result-driven
- Ability to work as part of a team