Our client located in Hudson, MA is looking for an Engineering Technician to join their team on a direct hire basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ENGINEERING TECH:
- Ability to read and comprehend customer drawings, associated specifications and any additional assembly requirements found within the customer’s documentation.
- Communicate with the customer when questions and or issues arise concerning the customer’s documentation.
- Build prototype assemblies.
- Generate detailed assembly procedures that will be used by manufacturing to build future orders.
- Validate that the bill of materials in MAS100 reflects the same parts and quantities used to build the prototype assembly.
- Ensure that there are test mates to test the prototype assembly.
- Fabricate harness boards that replicate the customer’s assembly requirement.
- Additional responsibilities may be required by the Engineering Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS OF THE ENGINEERING TECH:
- General computer skills: including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows.
- Good working knowledge of measuring tools.
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Prior experience in the cable and harness manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Prior use and understanding of the IPC-A-620 workmanship standards is preferred.
- Prior ISO experience is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE OF THE ENGINEERING TECH:
- One year certificate from college, or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.