We are currently hiring for a full time, Direct Hire, Extrusion Machine Operator to join our Industrial Manufacturing Organization near Taunton, MA! This is a 1st shift position, with overtime available & room for advancement!
Hours: 7:00a - 3:30p Monday - Friday
- Responsible for executing manufacturing plan as directed by supervision and/or production control.
- Setting up, running, monitoring the extrusion process and quality of product produced. Perform machine related tasks efficiently without jeopardizing product or safety as well as performing fiber and copper testing as needed.
- Will be required to rotate through the various types of machines and assignments on a regular basis once training is completed; communicates with relief staff.
- Will perform preventive maintenance procedures, 5S activities and participate in continuous improvement events.
- Must maintain work area in a safe and orderly condition at all times; ensure that all products meet specifications and the requirements of our Quality Management System; comply with all applicable safety procedures and ISO-14001 EMS guidelines.
- Must be able to work independently according to verbal and written instructions,
- Must possess basic math and good communication skills, be capable of lifting or moving 50 lbs. and occasionally lifting or moving 75 lbs.;
- Must have the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to be forklift certified, must learn basic computer transactions and inputs, and must have ability to become certified SAP user.