We are currently hiring for a full time Fleet Manager to oversee our national Gas Distribution operation based out of Everett, MA!
This is a Direct Hire position which requires on-site presence at our Everett, MA headquarters.
- Maintain all records, inspections and forms with federal Department of Transportation rules and requirements
- Ensure departmental adherence to applicable laws and regulations
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Resolve disputes
- Implement and enforce transportation policy changes
- Train, manage and enforce driver compliance with Federal Department of Transportation's rules and regulations
- Have experience and knowledge of diesel truck repair and maintenance
- Maintain electronic databases of sales, registration, inspections and maintenance of fleet management.
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends.
- Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements.
- Arrange fleets and fleet operational staff to provide support and scheduling
- Perform vehicle registration, insurance and all vehicle documentation regarding induction of new and existing vehicles in fleet.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system.
- Participate in various workshops and educational programs and maintain knowledge on all industry relevant publications.
- Develop and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
- Facilitate and implement corrective actions and capacity building to manage entire fleet to achieve company objectives.
- High School Diploma or Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience in Fleet Management
- DOT knowledge, class A and B trucks
- Ability to oversee a team of up to 50+ drivers and 100+ vehicles
- Computer knowledge, Fleet Software and Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills and accurate record keeping