We are currently hiring for a Fabrication Assistant/General Helper at our Peabody Manufacturing Facility, within our Fabrication Department! We will offer training and job growth & advancement while increasing your knowledge of Machining, Fabrication and Press Brake Operation.
This is a Direct Hire position, 1st shift Monday - Friday 7:00a - 3:30p.
Candidate should have 1-3 years of operating metal forming equipment such as a press brake in a production environment. Set up experience a plus. Must be able to read and interpret fabrication prints and work instructions, perform first piece inspection, and meet production and quality standards in an ISO 9000 registered facility. The successful candidate will be familiar with the safe operation of similar industrial equipment, and the safe use of basic hand and power tools, and material handling equipment. Other duties include the following:
- Drilling, tapping and grinding of metal parts.
- Use of metal working and fabricating tools such as notching press, radius press, time-saver, shear, spot welder, punch press, multi-tapper and drill press.
- Perform mechanical assembly.
- Manufacture and forming parts to prints.
- Use of precision measuring devices such as verniers, micrometers, protractors, squares.
- Occasional lifting up to 70 lbs., ability to stand for extended periods.