The Human Resources Manager will plan, manage and coordinate all human resources initiatives (e.g. recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, and employee relations) of the organization. In addition, they will work to ensure policies, procedures and HR programs are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals and are in compliance with professional standards, as well as state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
Responsibilities of the HR Manager:
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook.
- Manages company benefit programs; conducts program audits and annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness.
- Oversees recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees including posting jobs and sourcing candidates, collaborating with hiring managers in the interviewing and selection process; managing job offers and the on-boarding process.
- Conducts employee relations counseling and advises management on concerns and trends; recommends corrective action as needed. Provides advice and counsel to departments in variety of human resource areas including employee handbook, employee relations and performance management, ADA, FMLA, Workforce Planning, etc.
- Manages the annual performance review process.
- Administers the compensation program for the organization including the preparation of job descriptions, internal job slotting process, working with external resources on market data and coordinating compensation changes and adjustments.
- Manages the development, coordination and presentation (with the assistance of external resources) of training and development programs for all employees by assisting managers in evaluating needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees.
- Supports Plant Manager with safety programs including the ongoing management of OSHA requirements. Participates in safety and plant meetings.
- Administers workers compensation program, investigating all injuries, first aid and near misses; works with plant management to reduce all three.
- Implements and develops employee recognition programs.
- Supports the COO and management on special projects upon request.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications of the HR Manager:
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent in related field with some advanced applicable coursework. HR courses or HR certification preferred.
- 4-6 years related human resources experience in manufacturing required. Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of HR compliance, payroll and benefits administration.
- Solid knowledge of federal and state labor and employment regulations.
- Bilingual English-Spanish desirable.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), resolution, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and handle matters with high discretion.
- Has a positive can-do approach and can be flexible to change.
- Self-starter who sets priorities, has strong organizational skills, manages own work and meets objectives.
- Can work effectively on many projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Team player collaborates with others; works well across the organization and with external organizations, candidates and customers.
- Able to handle difficult situations with the utmost professionalism, discretion, and objectivity.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Meticulous attention to detail.