Machine Operator III (Wire)
Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Machine Operator III (Wire)
Title:Machine Operator III (Wire)
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Shift: 1st 6:00am - 2:30pm
Machine Operator III
Objective: Setup, configure, operate and ability to perform routine maintenance on wire respoolers, insulation taping machines, glass insulation wrapping machines, braiding machines, binder ovens, wire extruders, and twister machine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities associated with Wire Machine Operator Level 2
- Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Interprets job specifications, job orders, production schedules to determine process and material requirements
- Monitors and controls all process setups and parameters to maintain acceptable product quality standards. (i.e. diameter control, line speed, screw speeds, melt temperatures, and all remaining process parameters and variables).
- Perform clean outs, changeovers and tip and die tooling changes in a timely fashion without assistance.
- Able to troubleshoot heating circuits with multi-meter (heater bands, thermocouples and fuses)
- Places reel of specified wire onto pay off spindle of machine and threads wire through feed rolls.
- Mix and blend coating materials according to specifications and wire calibrations.
- Starts machine and observe for proper operation
- Perform QC inspections for, continuity, insulation wall thickness utilizing spark testers, volt meters, Acromags, troubleshoots and adjusts process where necessary to insure product quality.
- Knowledge of the all calibrations, colors and metal content of extension grade and thermocouple grade wires.
- Verifies calibration and wire gauge sizes using Acromag and micrometers.
- Replaces tooling or wear mechanisms and performs preventive routine maintenance on equipment on an as need basis
- Examines wire for conformance to specifications and removes defective pieces
- Properly identify and tag finished goods recording data in daily production logs.
- Maintains acceptable productivity levels.
- Trains lower level operators.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to established quality policies and procedures.
- Orders and maintains stock levels of insulating materials and other materials to support production
- Ability to run 2 extruders 1-1/2”pvc and 1-1/2”teflon or a1-1/2” Teflon and a 1” fine gauge with twister without constant help or excessive down time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Has enough hand strength to remove bolts and remove large tooling from extruders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Ability to verify products using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lean, reach, kneel.
- Knowledge on the use of hand tools.
- Knowledge of calibration metal types and color codes.
Education and/or Experience:
· 5 years previous machine operation experience.
· Strong Mechanical Aptitude
· Math skills and understanding of conversions
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler in Vineland NJ
- CNC Programmer in Woburn MA
- Packaging Assembler in Newton MA
- Computer Operator in Swedesboro NJ
- 3rd Shift Assembler in Chelmsford MA
- Picking - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Receptionist- HR Admin Assistant in New Hope MN
- ISO Tank Mechanic in Bridgeton NJ
- Maintenance Manager in Millville NJ
- 2nd shift Lead Mechanic in Millville NJ
- Warehouse Operator in Memphis TN
- Bench Service Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Administrative Assistant in Swedesboro NJ
- Warehouse Manager in Swedesboro NJ
- 2nd shift Machine Operator in Vineland NJ
- Distribution Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Warehouse Shipper in Wilmington MA
- Warehouse Receiving in Wilmington MA
- QA Supervisor in Millville NJ
- Test Operator (2 2nd shift and 1 1st shift) in Austin TX
- Medical Technologist in Chantilly VA
- Production Test Technician in Willmington MA
- MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- TIG-MIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Project Manager in Wilmington NC
- SI Assembler in Austin TX
- Strategic Innovation Manager in Memphis TN
- Process Engineer in Clover SC
- Warehouse Lead in Memphis TN
- Customer Service in Memphis TN
- Facilities Tech in Westborough MA
- Electronics Assembler in New Hope MN
- System Level Debug Tech in Chelmsford MA
- Conformal Coating Technician in Suwanee GA
- Sr. Python Developer in Ruffsdale PA
- Rework & Soldering Technician in Coon Rapids MN
- Fleet Manager in Everett MA
- CNC Process Engineer in Troy AL
- Client Services Rep I in Lee's Summit MO
- Forklift Operator in Memphis TN
- Distribution Associate I in Memphis TN
- Stockroom- 3rd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Machine Shop Supervisor in Suwanee GA
- Welder in Dawsonville GA
- HR Benefits Specialist in Andover MA
- Welder in Dawsonville GA
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Quality Engineer in Raleigh NC
- Em Assemblers 2nd shift in Merrimack NH
- General Labor Warehouse in Memphis TN
- Sales Engineer in Bedford NH
- IT Operations Engineer II in Milford MA
- 2nd shift CNC Lathe Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- Senior Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Technical Service Technician 2 in Chelmsford MA
- Press Brake Operator-Day Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Continuous Improvement Engineer in Newnan GA
- Electronic Service Technician in Plymouth MN
- Plant Controller in Franklin MA
- Controller in Nashua NH
- Temp Optical Assembly Tech in Nashua NH
- CNC Machine Operator in Lawrence MA
- QA Engineer (4G Access) in Nashua NH
- QA Engineer (3G Access) in Nashua NH
- Calibration Technician in Andover MA
- Electrician in Franklin MA
- Lead Electrical Engineer in Anoka MN
- Entry-Level Assembler in Andover MA
- E-M Assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Maintenance Supervisor in Franklin MA
- Equipment Operator 1st Shift in Jefferson GA
- Industrial - Plant Electrical Mechanic in Millville NJ
- Director, Quality Assurance in Millville NJ
- Design Engineer in Spartanburg SC
- Quality Inspector in Minneapolis MN
- Safety Manager in Everett MA
- Sales Engineer in Norcross GA
- Customer Service-Sales in Memphis TN
- Specimen Technician I in Tucker GA
- Quality technician in Norcross GA
- Packaging Supervisor in Olive Branch MS
- Principal Electrical Engineer in Waltham MA
- Accounts Payable Coordinator in Milford MA
- Laboratory Assistant in Tucker GA
- Sanitary Welding Maintenance Mechanic in Swedesboro NJ
- EM Assembler in Willmington MA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift in Lincoln RI
- Laboratory Assistant in Marlborough MA
- Structural Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Mechanical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Memphis TN
- Machine Operator 2nd Shift in Salem NH
- Laboratory Automation Engineer in Marlborough MA
- Customer Service Rep in Concord CA
- CNC Machinist in Flowery Branch GA
- 3rd shift Packer-Picker-Puller in Newfield NJ
- 1st shift Picker Packer in Newfield NJ
- Sanitation Lead in Attleboro MA
- CNC Machinist in Attleboro MA