Job Title: Machine Operator
Our clinet in Chillhowie, Va has an immediate opening for a machine operator. The Machine Operator performs all roles and responsibilities associated with the safe set up and operation of basic machine centers (machine centers with manual and/or computer set up that need to achieve compliance with 2 or less set points to produce quality product). Able to identify quality and/or productivity issues and take action to adjust machine center settings to correct them. Machine centers to be operated by Production Operators include re-saw, chop saw, re-rip, double-end tenoner, and other similar machine centers.
- Set up and operate assigned machine center so that it operates safely, produces in specification output and runs at a productive pace.
- Follow production schedule provided to sequence jobs to be processed in the correct order.
- Provide direction and training as required to Production Support personnel assigned to your machine center so they perform required tasks safely and productively and assist in the production of quality output.
- Perform required quality checks of product and document as required.
- Perform tallies of left over raw materials and machine output so units can be correctly tagged with accurate quantities.
- Feed machine center with pieces or parts in correct orientation and at correct pace.
- Check material to be fed for visible defects and set to side any that are suspect for review prior to being fed into the machine center.
- Catch and stack pieces exiting machine center in correct orientation and at correct pace.
- Check exiting material for visible defects and take action to set aside for rework or patch and then stack.
- Stack and palletize raw materials, WIP and finished goods correctly as required.
- Completion of all ticket production reports.
- Perform PMs as scheduled.
2nd Shift - 2:30PM-11:00PM
Pay Rate: $15.00/hourly
If you are interested in applying for this full time job opening please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org