Machine Shop Supervisor- (Medical Device)
Supervisor- (Machining & 2nd Operations):
The Supervisor manages and directs machine operators and set-up staff to obtain maximum efficiency and production. Ensures that daily production schedules are met effectively and to ensure products are delivered to customers on time; FDA GMPs, ISO and standard operation procedures (SOP) are followed to ensure quality control; and that company policies are in effect. Provides support to the product development staff in the machining and assembly of prototype devices using CNC mill and lathe equipment in secondary operations.
Responsibilities of the Supervisor:
- Manages and directs machine shop staff including hiring, firing, training, scheduling employee motivation, problem solving and tool selection.
- Use CNC mill and lathe equipment to assemble prototype devices, test equipment, and tooling according to verbal and/or written specifications.
- Programming, set-up, operation and maintenance of CNC equipment.
- Plans, schedules , and co-ordinates the production activities of machinists and secondary operations personnel.
- Reviews and inspects operators work using micrometers, calipers bore gauges and coordinate measurement machines. Reads and interprets blueprints and other design specification documents.
- Assists in evaluating and selecting machine shop equipment and purchasing and maintaining small tools, equipment, and machine shop supplies.
- Works with the product development staff in the design and fabrication of devices and machines.
- Responsible for the machining and assembling of prototype devices, test equipment, and tooling according to verbal and/or written specifications, typically through subordinates.
- Provides support to other departments to achieve company goals and expectations.
Requirements of the Supervisor:
- Bachelor's degree is desired.
- Seven to ten year experience in supervision role in medical device or small manufacturing company, medical device company desired.
- Strong relationship builder and experience in leading and motivates work group.
- Medical device experience desired.