The machinist will operate multiple CNC machines in support of production requirements. He/she will read and understand blueprints and translate those into a manufactured product that meets all dimensional and quality requirements, while maintaining strict accordance with all aspects of the company quality policy.
- Properly operate assigned CNC machines.
- Perform tooling and fixturing changes as necessary.
- Read and comprehend existing programs and make appropriate adjustments when necessary.
- Properly inspect product using various types of measuring equipment.
- Complete all required order documentation properly (inspection, job traveler/SWO, etc.).
- Possess required tools.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work area and follow 6S practices.
- Thoroughly understand Good Documentation Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Provide feedback to assist in establishing best production practices for products.
- Performs other duties as may be required
- The machinist will cross-train as necessary.
- Will have data entry responsibilities
- Exhibit familiarity with part numbers, lot numbers and inventory control practices.
- Promote adherence to manufacturing schedules and deadlines.
- Adhere to all applicable environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Assist in the promotion of a cooperative and supportive work environment. Communicate any issues or concerns with management as necessary.
- Two (2) years Trade School or Community College Degree or combination of education and applicable work experience. Prior experience in a medical manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Basic math skills
- Detail and accuracy-oriented
- Ability to manage time and multi-task
- Team player
- Effective communication skills