Maintenance Mechanic 2nd shift
We are currently hiring for a Maintenance Mechanic on 2nd shift, Direct hire!! Excellent pay, benefits, and growth opportunities at a highly recognizable manufacturing facility.
Duties: Responsible for all equipment and parts for production lines in the plant.
- Maintenance of food preparation equipment & conveyor system.
- Review, complete, and communicate preventative maintenance on machines
- Preventative maintenance duties on a variety of lines and equipment.
- Replace, rotate, inspect and change parts of industrial machines.
- Adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using various means and tools to do so.
- Connect power unit to machines, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical & electrical operation. (Panel wiring, machine wiring & motor wiring)
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Use blueprints and electrical schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit.
- Develop and prioritize individual machine maintenance needs when necessary.
- Take initiative to learn more about the machines by reading manuals and other materials.
- Properly Lock out/ Tag out any applicable equipment before maintenance.
- Follow all "Good Manufacturing Practices" and/or established quality and safety procedures.
- MUST have industrial mechanical experience
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing industrial machines.
- MUST have experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, welding & pipefitting.
- Lift fifty or more pounds on a regular basis.
- Bend, lift, pull, push, stoop, and climb in a fast paced work environment.
- Color perception (the ability to differentiate colors) is a must.
- The above duties are to be performed during normal operations.