Our client located in Taunton, MA is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join their 3rd shift. This is a rotational schedule with every other weekend is a 3 day weekend. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity with Benefits and overtime.
- Mechanic must be highly self-motivated person who naturally seeks-out continuous changes and improvements to enhance efficiencies within their role and must communicate professionally with others.
- Ensures proper functioning of operational machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements. Repair a verity of process equipment including but not limited to payoffs, accumulator, extrusion machines, motors bearings and seals, pneumatic systems, conveyor systems, take-up’s etc. Following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; must have strong troubleshooting ability’s.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical and electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling equipment; using hoists, cranes, fork lift and hand power tools; examining components for wear and defects.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used components; must be able to using a scale ruler, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Must be able to adjust equipment to function properly with the use of mechanical hand tools and alignment equipment.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical or Trade Education preferred
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English