We are currently hiring for a 1st shift Direct Hire Maintenance Mechanic at our advanced manufacturing plant!!!
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, fork lift and hand power tools; examining components for wear and defects.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using a scale ruler, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical or Trade Education preferred
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English
- Minimum of three years of experience as a maintenance mechanic
- Some manufacturing experience preferred
- Must complete OJT for specific job classification, as required, in a timely manner