Position: Maintenance Mechanic
A client of ours near Baltimore, Maryland is seeking a skilled maintenance professional to join their team
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Troubleshoot equipment in order to diagnose machines that are not working properly and make required repairs
- Identify problems with equipment/systems and propose innovative solutions to eliminate root cause
- Read schematics and identify key electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components required to complete repairs.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems including distribution, circuits, wiring, fuses, switches, and relays. This position will be trained and must comply with NFPA 70E (Arc Flash) requirements.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and devices.
- Basic understanding of industrial controls (PLCs, Ladder Logic, I/O, AC/DC drives, proximity sensors, photo cells and machine control devices) to help troubleshoot and complete repairs with the aid of an Electrical & Instrumentation Tech.
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems including replacement of belts, pulleys, gears, and motors.
- General knowledge of lubrication procedures including the proper application of oil and grease.
- Knowledge of general Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and requirements.
- Ability to use a PC to enter work order information into a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
Requirements of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; A two-year degree, diploma, or certificate in Industrial Maintenance is ideal.
- Ideal candidate will have at least five (5) years of previous mechanical experience.
- Experience in an industrial environment, preferably manufacturing, is desired.