The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Maintenance Mechanic to join their team on the 1st shift.
Responsibilities of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Performs routine preventive maintenance and emergency mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical maintenance on production systems and equipment, using knowledge of circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, motors, wiring diagrams, schematics, PLC, vision system and blueprints.
- Trouble shoots, repairs, aligns, calibrates, inspects, and tests a variety of production systems and equipment.
- Sets up assembly line equipment within established parameters.
- Assists in installing new equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
- Disassembles machines and parts, and adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts and materials.
- Uses a variety of basic hand and power tools and equipment including hand drill, bench grinder and band saw.
- Instructs assemblers on proper use of equipment.
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Cleans and lubricates parts and equipment as scheduled.
- Requisitions parts needed for completion of preventive maintenance responsibilities.
- Removes and installs molds in machines following established procedures.
- Learns all aspects of machine maintenance and becomes cross-trained in all areas of assembly equipment.
- Coordinates the daily work activities of lower level maintenance technician personnel.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments.
- Maintains workflow, ensuring availability of proper materials.
- Maintains employee time and activity records
- Observes employees in assigned work area ensuring all housekeeping, health and safety regulations are followed.
- Trains new and less experienced technicians in proper procedures. Writes and verifies work instructions.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Requirements of Maintenance Mechanic:
- High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of related experience or Associates Degree in related discipline and 4 years of related experience.
- Solid understanding of electronic circuitry, controllers and data, recorders, temperature, PLC and previous fabrication, assembly and/or test experience.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical equipment and electrical and hydraulic drawings. Experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Medical Industry experience with FDA and ISO regulated environment.