The DAVIS Companies is seeking qualified Maintenance Mechanics for our client in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. This is a fast-paced production plant in Minneapolis which produces over 60,000 pounds of bread daily. This facility has a brand-new production line and new production equipment which requires excellent mechanical and technical abilities.
Responsibilities of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Troubleshoot/repair electrical problems of plant and packaging/processing equipment such as wiring, circuits, fuses, switches, electrical installations, transformers, motors and AC/DC motor drivers.
- Design/fabricate replacement parts or equipment: weld, lathe, mill, presses, grinders, repair equipment.
- Troubleshoot/repair electronic problems on plant packaging/processing equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Provide maintenance and operator training.
- Provide input into mechanical, electrical and electronic designs of equipment.
Qualifications of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Experience as an electronics technician, or 2 years vocational training in maintenance mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, machine shop, electricity, electronics and programmable computers.
- 2-year degree in electronics or combination of vocational training, education and experience
- PLC experience is a huge bonus!
- Electrical license, boiler, refrigeration or electrical licenses are a plus.
- Ability to operate machine tools, power tools, forklift, welding equipment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in plant and production equipment maintenance.
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics, troubleshoot production equipment, and communicate effectively with machine operators, vendors and other team members.