Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Maintenance Mechanic for their team.
The overall responsibility of this role will be to provide the Manufacturing departments and Manufacturing Engineering departments with support on various production related projects and activities. Develop preventive maintenance job plans for manufacturing equipment; maintain manufacturing equipment to a high level of quality to produce products according to schedule.
Responsibilities of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Provide expertise for manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance. Must have the skills to repair automated manufacturing equipment for
liquid and powder dispensing machines, cappers, fluid and powder material handling systems, bag forming, labeling, printing, case erection, taping,
stacking, robotics, heat sealing and conveyors.
- Must have the skills to repair and maintain material handling equipment for liquid and powder materials. Firm knowledge of pumps, motors, gear
boxes/transmissions, compressed air systems and other related equipment.
- Must have the computer skills to efficiently work within Word, Excel, email systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD), building automation systems (BAS), computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and basic knowledge of robot programming.
- Must have the skills to read and understand the English language, schematics, electrical and pneumatic diagrams. The ability and experience to update drawings on the CAD system is a plus.
- Maintains records in a CMMS for equipment maintenance and operation to satisfy FDA, ISO, OSAHA, ADA, NFPA and IBC standards. Will use the
Mainsaver computerized maintenance management system and other programs to maintain documentation to meet these requirements.
- Must have the ability to read, understand and interrupt equipment manufacturers manuals and operating instructions for the writing and setup of preventative maintenance job plans and schedules.
- Works with outside contractors for building and process related construction and maintenance improvements. Will provide necessary coordination for the completion of contracted work as assigned. Involvement in the purchasing decision, and oversee new equipment installations used by Production.
Qualifications of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires two years vocational college in automation and manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance.
- Ten or more years of related work experience required.
- Must have understanding and strong working knowledge of automated manufacturing equipment and related systems.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, electrical diagrams, mechanical diagrams and schematics.
- Knowledge and work experience in Lean Production methodologies.
Requirements of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Works on assignments that are moderately to highly complex in nature, setting workload priorities and meeting deadlines. Follows standard procedures, raising questions on unusual or complex items and suggesting solutions to nonstandard. Must have flexibility in ability to work multiple shifts to provide coverage to meet production department demands.
- Must have good electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills and basic knowledge in the care and use of power equipment. Should possess a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude, with knowledge in the operation of automated manufacturing equipment and electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of special machine designs, process equipment, polymer pumps, and heating systems. Electrical controls including design, panel building, electrical controls, and elementary diagrams to NFPA/ANSI 79 Standard for industrial machinery. Mechanical drawings dimensioning and tolerance.
- Must have the knowledge of test equipment used in troubleshooting production equipment, such as volt ohm meters, clamp on amp probes, oscilloscopes and other related test equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in machine tools to safely setup and operate lathes and mills, machine shop practices and TIG/MIG welding of stainless steel.
- Must be knowledgeable in materials used in the manufacture of machines used for medical device manufacturing process machines. Ability to fabricate jigs and other devices and required to properly maintain production equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position. Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, stoop, crouch, bend or reach above and below shoulders height frequently. Requires the ability to lift things such as motors and pumps weighing over 50 pounds. This job requires frequent twisting and turning of the body and the use of both hands.
- Must be familiar with and use of safety practices for equipment lock-out/tag-out and use of personnel protection equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to us a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Will be working with computerized maintenance management system, Mainsaver.
- Will be working with computer aided drawing (CAD) system, AutoCAD.
- Will be working with programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD), AC/DC drives and other electronically controlled equipment.
- TIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Design Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Data Entry Admin in Concord CA
- Admin in
- Senior Cloud Software Engineer in Nashua NH
- Sales Coordinator in Norcross GA
- Sr. Manager NPD in Woburn MA
- Machine Operator II- 1st shift in Londonderry NH
- Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Material Handler in Londonderry NH
- Payroll Supervisor in Auburn MA
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist II in Milford MA
- Buyer in MN
- MIG Spot Welder 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Sales Assistant in Lawrenceville GA
- Product Development Engineer in Middleborough MA
- Revenue Analyst in Atlanta GA
- Field Application Technician in Duluth GA
- Lead Development Applications Manager in
- Customer Service Contracts Administrator in Lowell MA
- IT Help Desk-Systems Support in Norcross GA
- HR Assistant in Merrimack NH
- Site Reliability Engineer in Milford MA
- Build and Release Manager in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Buford GA
- Customer Service Rep in Flowery Branch GA
- Quality Engineer in Piscataway NJ
- 3rd shift Beam Operator in Manchester NH
- Electrical Inspector in Fridley MN
- Logistics Specialist in Milford MA
- Robotic Weld Operator-2nd Shift in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Supervisor in Franklin MA
- Business Development Executive in santa ana CA
- Controls Technician in Delano MN
- Material Handler in Methuen MA
- Production Clerk in Central Manchester CT
- Mechanical Inspector C in Wilmington MA
- Mechanical Inspector A in Wilmington MA
- Controls Technician in Ball Ground GA
- Production Lab Technician in Milford MA MA
- Sr level Purchasing & Quoting Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in
- EM Assembler in Norwood MA
- Transportation Design Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Production Tech in Methuen MA
- Quality Engineer in Providence RI
- Sr. Design Assurance Engineer in Providence RI
- Electrical Engineer in
- Shipper-Reciever in Walpole MA
- Payroll Analyst in Andover MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Peabody MA
- Field Service Engineer in Bedford MA
- Robot Set-up Operator-3rd shift in Flowery Branch GA
- MIG Welder- 1st Shift (AWS Certified) in Flowery Branch GA
- Robot Set-up Operator-1st shift in Flowery Branch GA
- EM Assembler in Norwood MA
- Press Brake Operator in Acton MA
- Controller in Norcross GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Maynard MA
- Facilities Assistant in Waltham MA
- Manufacturing-Process Engineer in New Britain CT
- Quality Engineer in Billerica MA
- Manufacturing-Process Engineer in Billerica MA
- 2nd shift Cable Operator in Manchester NH
- Development Project Specialist in Norwood MA
- Machinist in
- 3rd Shift Braid Operator in Manchester NH
- Mechanical Engineer in Memphis TN
- Test Technician in Nashua NH
- Purchaser in Norcross GA
- Engineer-Drafter in Pendergrass GA
- Receptionist-Support Specialist in Memphis TN
- Production Control Planner in
- Medical Assembler II in Brooklyn Park MN
- Accounts Receivable in Westford MA
- Gear Machinist in Central Manchester CT
- Press Brake Operator- 2nd shift in Alpharetta GA
- Scrum Master - eCommerce in Milford MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in
- Project Manager in Alpharetta GA
- TIG-MIG Welder 2nd Shift in Alpharetta GA
- Contract Senior Technical Writer, Medical Devices in Milford MA
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist II in Milford MA
- Robotics Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Inventory Clerk in San Jose CA
- Distribution Associate in San Jose CA
- Inventory Control Clerk in San Jose CA
- Inspector in Lebanon NH
- Contract Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Stockroom & Logistics Manager in Westborough MA
- Catheter Assembler in Marlborough MA
- Sr Mechanical Engineer in Mansfield MA
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - L4 in Lowell MA
- Microdeburer A in Milford MA
- Controls Engineer in Columbia SC
- Electrical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Regulatory Affairs Manager in Lancaster NH
- I&E Designer in Decatur AL
- Associate OneSource Service Support Specialist in Spring House PA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Buford GA