Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Maintenance Mechanic for their team.
The overall responsibility of this role will be to provide the Manufacturing departments and Manufacturing Engineering departments with support on various production related projects and activities. Develop preventive maintenance job plans for manufacturing equipment; maintain manufacturing equipment to a high level of quality to produce products according to schedule.
Responsibilities of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Provide expertise for manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance. Must have the skills to repair automated manufacturing equipment for
liquid and powder dispensing machines, cappers, fluid and powder material handling systems, bag forming, labeling, printing, case erection, taping,
stacking, robotics, heat sealing and conveyors.
- Must have the skills to repair and maintain material handling equipment for liquid and powder materials. Firm knowledge of pumps, motors, gear
boxes/transmissions, compressed air systems and other related equipment.
- Must have the computer skills to efficiently work within Word, Excel, email systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD), building automation systems (BAS), computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and basic knowledge of robot programming.
- Must have the skills to read and understand the English language, schematics, electrical and pneumatic diagrams. The ability and experience to update drawings on the CAD system is a plus.
- Maintains records in a CMMS for equipment maintenance and operation to satisfy FDA, ISO, OSAHA, ADA, NFPA and IBC standards. Will use the
Mainsaver computerized maintenance management system and other programs to maintain documentation to meet these requirements.
- Must have the ability to read, understand and interrupt equipment manufacturers manuals and operating instructions for the writing and setup of preventative maintenance job plans and schedules.
- Works with outside contractors for building and process related construction and maintenance improvements. Will provide necessary coordination for the completion of contracted work as assigned. Involvement in the purchasing decision, and oversee new equipment installations used by Production.
Qualifications of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires two years vocational college in automation and manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance.
- Ten or more years of related work experience required.
- Must have understanding and strong working knowledge of automated manufacturing equipment and related systems.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, electrical diagrams, mechanical diagrams and schematics.
- Knowledge and work experience in Lean Production methodologies.
Requirements of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Works on assignments that are moderately to highly complex in nature, setting workload priorities and meeting deadlines. Follows standard procedures, raising questions on unusual or complex items and suggesting solutions to nonstandard. Must have flexibility in ability to work multiple shifts to provide coverage to meet production department demands.
- Must have good electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills and basic knowledge in the care and use of power equipment. Should possess a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude, with knowledge in the operation of automated manufacturing equipment and electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of special machine designs, process equipment, polymer pumps, and heating systems. Electrical controls including design, panel building, electrical controls, and elementary diagrams to NFPA/ANSI 79 Standard for industrial machinery. Mechanical drawings dimensioning and tolerance.
- Must have the knowledge of test equipment used in troubleshooting production equipment, such as volt ohm meters, clamp on amp probes, oscilloscopes and other related test equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in machine tools to safely setup and operate lathes and mills, machine shop practices and TIG/MIG welding of stainless steel.
- Must be knowledgeable in materials used in the manufacture of machines used for medical device manufacturing process machines. Ability to fabricate jigs and other devices and required to properly maintain production equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position. Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, stoop, crouch, bend or reach above and below shoulders height frequently. Requires the ability to lift things such as motors and pumps weighing over 50 pounds. This job requires frequent twisting and turning of the body and the use of both hands.
- Must be familiar with and use of safety practices for equipment lock-out/tag-out and use of personnel protection equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to us a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Will be working with computerized maintenance management system, Mainsaver.
- Will be working with computer aided drawing (CAD) system, AutoCAD.
- Will be working with programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD), AC/DC drives and other electronically controlled equipment.
- EM Assembler in Waltham MA
- Account Manager in Franklin MA
- Stockroom- 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- 2nd Shift Welding Lead-Supervisor in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Compliance Specialist in Cordova TN
- Sr. Account Executive GA in Suwanee GA
- Plant Cost Controller in Hudson MA
- EM Assembler in Walpole MA
- Continuous Improvement Leader in Newnan GA
- EM Tech, 2nd shift in Danvers MA
- TIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Assurance Technician in Millville NJ
- 3rd Shift Router Machinist in Gainesville GA
- Mechanical Engineer II in MA
- Director of Operations in Suwanee GA
- Purchasing & Quoting Analyst in Central Manchester CT
- Mfg Process Engineer in Central Manchester CT
- Production control Clerk in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Mechanic in Swedesboro NJ
- CNC Programmer in Kennesaw GA
- Manual Machinist in Kennesaw GA
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift in Newton MA
- Personal Assistant in Needham Heights MA
- MIG Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Machine Shop Team Lead in Flowery Branch GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Westford MA
- Client Services Advisor in Alpharetta GA
- Buyer in Duluth GA
- CNC Machinist-Operator - 2nd Shift in Kennesaw GA
- CNC Machinist-Operator in Kennesaw GA
- Document Control Specialist in Wayland MA
- Principal Electro-Optical Tech in Eagleville PA
- Mechanic in Denver CO
- E&I Technician - 3rd shift 11p-7a in South Brunswick NJ
- Accounts Payable Clerk in Flowery Branch GA
- Purchasing Associate in Flowery Branch GA
- Design Engineer in Newnan GA
- Robotics Engineer in Memphis TN
- Optical Coatings Technician in Nashua NH
- Chief inspector 2nd shift in Rochester NH
- Receptionist in burlington MA
- Electronic Assembler in Vineland NJ
- Finishing Technician in Needham Heights MA
- Customer Service Representative in Cottage Grove MN
- Director of Engineering in New Hudson MI
- Packaging Assembler in Plymouth MA
- CAD Drafter in Dahlonega GA
- Project Manager in Suwanee GA
- Packager II in Memphis TN
- Grind Operator - Assembler in Lebanon NH
- Electronic Assembly Support in Alpharetta GA
- Roller, In-process Inspector in Lebanon NH
- Ring Finishing Cell Technician 2nd and 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Sr Controls Engineer in MA
- Screen Print Operator in Norwood MA
- Inspection Specialist in Worcester MA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Duluth GA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Newton MA
- Systems Engineer in Bedford MA
- Shop Technician (Mechanical) in Suwanee GA
- Manufacturing Technician in Hopkinton MA
- Material Handler in Westford MA
- Quality Engineer in Cambridge MA
- Rework Operator (Hand solderer) in Angleton TX
- Clickshare Tech Support in Duluth GA
- Optical Coatings Engineer in Nashua NH
- Project Manager in Alpharetta GA
- Customer Accounts Specialist in Marlborough MA
- Civil Engineer II in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Manager in Highland Heights OH
- Documentation Specialist in Warwick RI
- SMT Operator III in Westboro MA
- Accounting Assistant in Worcester MA
- Field Service Engineer in North Billerica MA
- Incoming inspector in Austin TX
- Inventory Clerk in Waltham MA
- Optical Design Engineer in Keene NH
- Senior Oracle Apps DBA in Lowell MA
- Cloud Software Engineer Intern in Milford MA
- Administrative Assistant in Southborough MA
- CNC Manufacturing Engineer in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Quality Inspector - Final Acceptance Inspector in Branford CT
- Optics Engineer in Bedford MA
- Quality Inspector in Suwanee GA
- EM Assembler II (direct) in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Technician (EM Assembler) in Marlborough MA
- QC Inspector in Marlborough MA
- T&E Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Production Manager 2nd shift in Billerica MA
- Executive Assistant in Littleton MA
- Maintenance Parts Clerk in Vineland NJ
- Principal Mechanical Engineer in IL
- Press Brake Operator in Suwanee GA
- Senior Manager of Quality in Waltham MA
- Continuous Improvement Manager in Atlanta GA
- Continuous Improvement Engineer in Newnan GA
- Technical Recruiter - NJ in Vineland NJ
- Quality Assurance Inspector II in Memphis TN
- Receptionist in Littleton MA
- W2 Print Production Specialist in Louisville KY