Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Maintenance Mechanic for their team.
The overall responsibility of this role will be to provide the Manufacturing departments and Manufacturing Engineering departments with support on various production related projects and activities. Develop preventive maintenance job plans for manufacturing equipment; maintain manufacturing equipment to a high level of quality to produce products according to schedule.
Responsibilities of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Provide expertise for manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance. Must have the skills to repair automated manufacturing equipment for
liquid and powder dispensing machines, cappers, fluid and powder material handling systems, bag forming, labeling, printing, case erection, taping,
stacking, robotics, heat sealing and conveyors.
- Must have the skills to repair and maintain material handling equipment for liquid and powder materials. Firm knowledge of pumps, motors, gear
boxes/transmissions, compressed air systems and other related equipment.
- Must have the computer skills to efficiently work within Word, Excel, email systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD), building automation systems (BAS), computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and basic knowledge of robot programming.
- Must have the skills to read and understand the English language, schematics, electrical and pneumatic diagrams. The ability and experience to update drawings on the CAD system is a plus.
- Maintains records in a CMMS for equipment maintenance and operation to satisfy FDA, ISO, OSAHA, ADA, NFPA and IBC standards. Will use the
Mainsaver computerized maintenance management system and other programs to maintain documentation to meet these requirements.
- Must have the ability to read, understand and interrupt equipment manufacturers manuals and operating instructions for the writing and setup of preventative maintenance job plans and schedules.
- Works with outside contractors for building and process related construction and maintenance improvements. Will provide necessary coordination for the completion of contracted work as assigned. Involvement in the purchasing decision, and oversee new equipment installations used by Production.
Qualifications of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires two years vocational college in automation and manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance.
- Ten or more years of related work experience required.
- Must have understanding and strong working knowledge of automated manufacturing equipment and related systems.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, electrical diagrams, mechanical diagrams and schematics.
- Knowledge and work experience in Lean Production methodologies.
Requirements of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Works on assignments that are moderately to highly complex in nature, setting workload priorities and meeting deadlines. Follows standard procedures, raising questions on unusual or complex items and suggesting solutions to nonstandard. Must have flexibility in ability to work multiple shifts to provide coverage to meet production department demands.
- Must have good electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills and basic knowledge in the care and use of power equipment. Should possess a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude, with knowledge in the operation of automated manufacturing equipment and electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of special machine designs, process equipment, polymer pumps, and heating systems. Electrical controls including design, panel building, electrical controls, and elementary diagrams to NFPA/ANSI 79 Standard for industrial machinery. Mechanical drawings dimensioning and tolerance.
- Must have the knowledge of test equipment used in troubleshooting production equipment, such as volt ohm meters, clamp on amp probes, oscilloscopes and other related test equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in machine tools to safely setup and operate lathes and mills, machine shop practices and TIG/MIG welding of stainless steel.
- Must be knowledgeable in materials used in the manufacture of machines used for medical device manufacturing process machines. Ability to fabricate jigs and other devices and required to properly maintain production equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position. Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, stoop, crouch, bend or reach above and below shoulders height frequently. Requires the ability to lift things such as motors and pumps weighing over 50 pounds. This job requires frequent twisting and turning of the body and the use of both hands.
- Must be familiar with and use of safety practices for equipment lock-out/tag-out and use of personnel protection equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to us a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Will be working with computerized maintenance management system, Mainsaver.
- Will be working with computer aided drawing (CAD) system, AutoCAD.
- Will be working with programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD), AC/DC drives and other electronically controlled equipment.
- Test Technician in Austin TX
- Software Test Engineer in San Diego CA
- Fermentation (Mechanical) Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Sales Application Engineer in Keene NH
- Secondary CNC Milling Operators 1st shift in Rochester NH
- Specimen Technician I in Opelika AL
- Sr. Manufacturing Engineer in Memphis TN
- Dispatcher in Everett MA
- Product Specialist in North Andover MA
- Quality Manager in Berlin CT
- Industrial Painter 1st Shift in Duluth GA
- Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- General Assembly in Flowery Branch GA
- Product Development Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Helpdesk Support Rep in Marlborough MA
- Assembly Technician in Buford GA
- Junior Accountant in Ashland MA
- Shipper-Receiver in Concord MA
- Equipment Operator 3rd Shift in Jefferson GA
- Machine Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Buena NJ
- Set Up Operator in Buena NJ
- Injection Set Up Mechanic in Buena NJ
- Equipment Operator 1st Shift in Jefferson GA
- Welder-6G in Duluth GA
- Electro Mechanical Maintenance Mechanic in Collingswood NJ
- Contracts Administrator in Lowell MA
- Production Specialist - Coordinator in Buford GA
- Soldering in Suwanee GA
- Sr Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Customer Service Rep in Flowery Branch GA
- CNC Programmer in Memphis TN
- Shipping Clerk in Ashland MA
- Equipment Installation Technician in Marlborough MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Los Gatos CA
- Senior Global Planner in Milford MA
- Civil Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Piping Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Sr. Mechanical Designer in Decatur AL
- Laboratory Assistant in Tucker GA
- CNC Machinist-Programmer in Duluth GA
- Concur System Administrator in Milford MA
- Concur System Support in Milford MA
- Forklift Operator-Picker in Buford GA
- MIG-TIG Welder in Flowery Branch GA
- Specimen Technician I in Tucker GA
- AutoCAD Manager in Norcross GA
- Manufacturing Engineer- Entry level in Manchester NH
- Manufacturing Process Engineer in Milford NH
- Temp Optical Operator Assembly Tech in Nashua NH
- Pre-Analytical Assistant I in Tucker GA
- Project Manager in Millington TN
- Customer Service Manager in Memphis TN
- Mechanical Assembler in Lawrenceville GA
- Production Manager in MA
- Lehr Operator in Vineland NJ
- Structural Engineer in Decatur AL
- Box Build Solderer in Manchester NH
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- 2nd Shift Equipment Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in MA
- Inventory Clerk in Lebanon NH
- CNC Machine Operator in Buford GA
- Administrative Assistant in Duluth GA
- Program Manager in Ashland MA
- Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift) in Newnan GA
- Solderer Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift) in Newnan GA
- Maintenance Technician (1st Shift) in Newnan GA
- Sand & Deburr in Norcross GA
- CNC Operator 2nd-3rd Shift in Rochester NH
- Quality Inspector III - EM in Westborough MA
- Development Engineering Tech I in Westborough MA
- I&E Designer in Decatur AL
- Electrical Controls Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- Manual Machinist in Kennesaw GA
- Manufacturing Enginner in Laconia NH
- AutoCAD Drafter in Conyers GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Buford GA
- Material Handler in Gainesville GA
- Tech IV in New York NY
- Assembly Technicians in Gainesville GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Methuen MA
- Stockroom- 3rd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Stockroom- 2nd Shift in Gainesville GA
- Forklift Operator in Buford GA
- Quality Engineer in Atlanta GA
- Electrical Controls engineer in South Brunswick NJ
- Embedded Software Engineer in Milford MA
- Electronics Test Tech in Suwanee GA
- Quality Technician in Anoka MN
- Failure Analysis Engineering Tech in Lincoln RI
- 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor in Newnan GA
- Shipping-Receiving Clerk in Buford GA
- Picker 2nd Shift in Vineland NJ
- WasteWater Technician (2nd Shift) in Vineland NJ
- Mechanical Engineer in Decatur AL
- Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Shipping and Receiving in Indianapolis IN