Our client in Lincoln, RI is looking for a 3rd shift Maintenance Mechanic. This is a direct hire opportunity that requires a background check.
Responsibilities of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Responsible for all equipment and parts for production lines.
- Maintenance of food preparation equipment & conveyor system.
- Review, complete, and communicate preventative maintenance on machines
- Preventative maintenance duties on a variety of lines and equipment.
- Replace, rotate, inspect and change parts of industrial machines.
- Adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using various means and tools to do so.
- Connect power unit to machines, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical & electrical operation. (Panel wiring, machine wiring & motor wiring)
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Use blueprints and electrical schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, hi-lows and trucks.
- Develop and prioritize individual machine maintenance needs when necessary.
- Drive hi-lo to move equipment for inspection/repair/installation.
- Work with mixing, extruders, refrigeration, proofer, conveyors, boilers, silos and oven equipment.
- Properly Lock out/ Tag out any applicable equipment before maintenance.
Requirements of Maintenance Mechanic:
- MUST have industrial mechanical & electrical experience, including PLCs troubleshooting.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing industrial machines.
- MUST have experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, welding & pipefitting.
- Must have own tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, ratchets, meters, etc.)
- Prior experience driving hi-lo is preferred.
- Lift fifty or more pounds on a regular basis.
- Bend, lift, pull, push, stoop, and climb in a fast paced work environment.
- Color perception (the ability to differentiate colors) is a must.
- The above duties are to be performed during normal operations.