Our client in Providence, RI is looking for a 1st Shift Maintenance Mechanic on a first shift basis.
responsibilities of Maintenance Mechanic:
- Responsible for all equipment and parts for production lines.
- Review, complete, and communicate preventative maintenance on machines
- Preventative maintenance duties on a variety of lines and equipment.
- Replace, rotate, inspect and change parts of industrial machines.
- Adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using various means and tools to do so.
- Connect power unit to machines, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical & electrical operation. (Panel wiring, machine wiring & motor wiring)
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Use blueprints and electrical schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, hi-lows and trucks.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit.
- Develop and prioritize individual machine maintenance needs when necessary..
- Take initiative to learn more about the machines by reading manuals and other materials.
- Properly Lock out/ Tag out any applicable equipment before maintenance.
- Follow all "Good Manufacturing Practices" and/or established quality and safety procedures.
- Properly follow all safety policies.
- Communicate safety issues immediately and inform supervisor of any inconsistencies.
- Any and all other duties deemed necessary by supervision.
Requirements of Maintenance Mechanic:
- MUST have industrial mechanical & electrical experience, including troubleshooting.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing industrial machines.
- Must have own tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, ratchets, meters, etc.).