Maintenance Supervisor (1st Shift)
Searching for a Maintenance Supervisor in the Metro West area. This is a 1st shift, direct hire, position!
The main goal for this position will be to Supervise employees and maintain industrial equipment for production purposes, install and build any new equipment, and fix any issues with any of the equipment or facility with a sense of urgency at a well-respected, stable company. The right candidate for this position will have a well-rounded background in management of mechanical, electrical, pipe-fitting and welding areas.
Duties: Responsible for all equipment and parts for production lines in the bakery, Supervisor of all Maintenance Mechanics on shift.
- Maintenance of food preparation equipment & conveyor system.
- Review, complete, and communicate preventative maintenance on machines
- Preventative maintenance duties on a variety of lines and equipment.
- Replace, rotate, inspect and change parts of industrial machines.
- Adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using various means and tools to do so.
- Connect power unit to machines, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical & electrical operation. (Panel wiring, machine wiring & motor wiring)
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Use blueprints and electrical schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, hi-lows and trucks.
- Attach moving parts and sub-assemblies to basic assembly unit.
- Develop and prioritize individual machine maintenance needs when necessary.
- Take initiative to learn more about the machines by reading manuals and other materials.
- Properly Lock out/ Tag out any applicable equipment before maintenance.
- Follow all "Good Manufacturing Practices" and/or established quality and safety procedures.
- Properly follow all safety policies.
- Communicate safety issues immediately and inform Manager of any inconsistencies.