Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Shift is flexible, can work 1st or 2nd.
Job Summary: Responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and repairing machine equipment. In addition, performs preventive maintenance, general facility maintenance and construction work.
· Interprets written instructions, service manuals and electrical schematics to install, troubleshoot or repair hydraulic, pneumatic or electro-mechanical systems, used in production, packaging or general facility related equipment
· Cleans and repairs building mechanical equipment
· Performs general facility maintenance including plumbing repairs, light construction and repair of existing electrical system
· Trains new employees as requested by production manager on general operation of packaging equipment and/or newly installed equipment
· Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklist on building equipment maintenance procedures
· Prepare, update and publish a formalized preventive maintenance schedule for current production equipment
· Data entry into computerized maintenance management system.
· Responds to emergency maintenance request as required
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· Minimum of 5 years experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
· Must possess a strong attention to detail and be a team player.
· Must possess some basic computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not all inclusive. The Company reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, with or without notice to the employee.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements,