The Davis Companies is searching for a Maintenance Technician to work a 2nd shift (2pm-10:30pm) direct hire role with one of our larger clients in St. Paul. This person will perform maintenance, repair, complex troubleshooting, redesign, and implement improvements on mechanical, electrical, and computerized systems, develop/improve preventative maintenance and machine rebuild, tuning, alignment procedures.
Responsibilities of Maintenance Technician:
- Performs skilled abilities in examining production machines and equipment to diagnose electrical and mechanical problems to ensure equipment is electrically, mechanically sound and functions to specifications.
- Provides support to electronic devices and equipment used in production such as vision systems, converting machines, PLC devices and multiple function sensors.
- Debugs, repairs, replaces defective parts, or adds new parts to equipment. Make necessary adjustments to insure optimum performance.
- Demonstrate ability to properly select and install electrical sensors or control systems to improve process performance and machine dependability.
Requirements of Maintenance Technician
- 1- or 2-years experience with an Associates Technical degree or certificate program, or three to five years experience in manufacturing or an equivalent field.
- 3 years of related industrial electrical experience required.
- 3 years of die cutting, converting or packaging experience preferred.
- PLC programming and operation preferred
- Welding – TIG, MIG and Stick preferred