We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for our client in Hickory, NC. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the upkeep, PM, and daily maintenance and repairs to production equipment.
- Preventive & predictive maintenance of all production, material-handling, shipping, & related equipment.
- Efficient management of parts & materials inventories to maintain supplies for general maintenance & unexpected failures.
- Sourcing and ordering parts form vendors.
- Responsible for all aspects of the installation, repair, adjustment, alteration & upkeep of all equipment.
- Ability to manage projects of a moderate size and complete with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of where to locate material & manpower resources as needed.
- Ability to quickly and safely restore equipment to full production capability.
- Judgment sufficient to decide whether temporary repairs can be made to immediately restore operations or if downtime is required for permanent repairs.
- Provides training as needed to plant personnel after implementation of new equipment.
- Maintains the shop and maintenance storage areas in a safe, neat and clean manner.
- Efficient use of time to manage routine maintenance while leaving time available for project work & unexpected emergencies.
- 3+ years on maintenance in a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical systems and the related maintenance is required.
- Prior experience with Allen Bradley PLCs is a plus.
- Ability to diagnose problems of a highly complex nature through analytical troubleshooting.
- Ability to mentor and instruct less experienced maintenance employees as appropriate.
- Knowledge and use of PM software systems to schedule maintenance to prevent repairs & downtime due to unplanned breakdowns.