Our client in Peabody, Ma is looking for a Manual Machinist to join their 1st shift on a Direct Hire Basis!
- Set-up, machining, and inspection of a wide variety of parts
- Perform repetitious machining operations on production work
- Machine precision products under minimal supervision using the ability to inspect parts, and to read and interpret drawings, sketches and work instructions
- Strong shop math skills, knowledge of work holding and machining principles
- Understanding of cutting tool application and proper metal cutting parameters are a must for this position
- Ability to work with colleagues in a professional and cooperative manner
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate metrology lab equipment.
- Ability to do work may require stooping, bending, squat, kneel, bend or twist and lifting.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the shop floor, talk, hear, and reaching.
- Visual acuity (corrected) sufficient to inspect parts and to read and interpret drawings, sketches and work instructions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work
- Physical ability to do work requiring prolonged standing, frequent stooping, bending, squatting, kneeling, bending or twisting and lifting
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with conversational controls [ProtoTRAK, EZ Path] a big plus
- Technical or vocational school background is helpful
- 5+ years of experience is required