We are currently hiring for a full time, Direct Hire, Maintenance Mechanic to join our industrial manufacturing facility on 1st shift!
Hours: 7:00a - 3:30p
This position requires a through overall mechanical knowledge that can be related and applied to the diagnosing, repair, and modification of the complex production equipment used in the wire and cable industry. This mechanical knowledge would include but not be limited to the following:
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and fluid system problems, and make recommendations & repairs in a timely manner
- Repair and rebuild hydraulic and pneumatic systems and cylinders
- Rebuilding of transmission and gear reducers
- Using mechanical knowledge and creativity to fabricate fixtures or equipment utilizing welding and machining skills while maintaining close tolerances
- Rigging and moving equipment in a safe and expeditious manner
- Clear understanding of mechanical drive trains, to include transmission, gear reducers, sprocket drives and related torque
- Ability to align mechanical drive trains, couplings and belt drives while maintaining close tolerances.
- Capable of using all mechanical hand tools and precision measuring tools
- Fabrication of replacement parts when necessary to keep equipment operating efficiently
- Problem solving skills associated with equipment and repairs
- Understanding of wire and cable production equipment and operation, products and processes and how they relate to the manufacturing process
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks
- Repair of forklifts, piping and plumbing work if required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical or Trade Education preferred
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in the wire and cable industry
- Must complete OJT for specific job classification, as required, in a timely manner
- Full knowledge of repair & maintenance of the following systems:
- Must be able to work as a team and independently according to verbal and written instructions
- Must learn basic computer transactions and inputs; must have ability to become certified SAP User
- Ability to work closely with both hourly and managerial employees to meet the company goal, with minimal supervision
- Must be able to distinguish different colors and utilize basic safety practices
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.