Our client in Peabody is looking for a Mechanical Assembler on first shift, direct hire.
Mechanical Assembler Day Shift-
We are looking for an experienced assembler in our Mechanical Assembly department. The work involves using hand and power tools to assemble, kit and pack large mechanical and pneumatic assemblies.
The person must to be able to understand and follow assembly prints, work packages, and air diagrams. Familiarity with electrical assembly or sheet metal fabrication would be a plus.
The person may work individually or as part of a team on large, complicated assemblies. Quality of work and attention to detail must be good. Must be able to check own work at different stages and work with minimal supervision in an ISO9001 environment. Position requires the occasional movement of up to 50 pounds. One to three years of experience preferred.
Tasks will vary. In addition to mechanical assembly, the job will include:
1. Drilling, tapping and grinding of parts
2. Cleaning, packing and crating of finished parts
3. Use of wood working equipment
4. Material Handling and use of overhead crane
5. Use of verniers, protractors, squares, tape measures and other measuring devices
6. Work in other departments as needed